- Grow my hair out (I cut it really, really short last summer, liked it for about a week, maybe less). I love long hair and I intend to get mine long. It will obviously take longer than a year especially since it's starting from such an extreme short cut. I told Bill that I was growing it out (again) and he said to go for it, why not, if that's what I want and it is. Don't worry about what other people think, actually most people are too worried about how they look to care about my looks.
- Stay with the gluten free diet. I fell off of it several times and suffered for it. I've been gluten free for 2 months now and I'm determined to keep it up the rest of my life. Gluten free makes a major difference in how I feel, it's worth the inconvience.
- Lose weight, I did lose a couple of pounds. They say you should lose weight slowly but that's a little too slow. I didn't gain any, that's good.
- Work on my art. That wasn't a goal last year but it definitely is one this time. I love art but I've always lacked the self confidence to pursue it. But, I don't do it for a living, just for fun, so my work doesn't have to be perfect. I'm having a good time with it.
- Bible study and prayer. I think I'm doing pretty good on that but I need to make sure I don't let up.
We stayed home on New Year's Eve. We haven't been to a party in years. We're just not party people. I went to bed early and Bill sat up and watched TV. New Year's Day we took a little road trip up north of the Refuge, just driving around looking for things to take pictures of. They seemed to have gotten more snow than we did. There were some really big snow drifts out there. The temp got to around 50 degrees so it was a pleasant trip. Today was a lot colder, I don't think it got out of the 30's. We just went to the city park, Bill fed the ducks while I walked Sassy.
Today was the last day of our time off, sigh. The normal work week starts tomorrow. We'll have to get used to working full time again.
I decided to do something with my colored pencils. I have a really good set of them that I haven't used in a while. I found a blog where the artist uses colored pencils, beautiful stuff, inspired me to get mine out. Here is the picture that I came up with, the photo was taken looking toward Elmer Thomas Lake from the top of Mt. Scott.
I took a few photos on our road trip yesterday and here are some of them.
Even so consider yourselves to be dead to sin, but alive to God in Christ Jesus.
Romans 6:11




6 comments:
You do have a gift and you should think about sharing your art not just with your blog friends but also with others. It doesn't have to be in a big way - perhaps small pieces as gifts - but do share it. I especially love the ones where you capture creation in all its wonder and beauty. Sometimes lack of confidence is just the enemy's way of preventing us from fulfillinf the purpose which we were made for. Blessings, Jules
Thanks for your comments. I agree, the enemy does NOT want us to fulfill our purpose.
You really are talented SM, I often think when I see your work that you could sell it. Even with imperfections!
Those are great goals you have for 2010!
I love the colored pencil artists, K. I think this painting you've started is awesome and I can't wait to see it finished. You have such a gift, such a talent. I'm truly awed.
Thanks for your comments! AutumnLeaves, this is the finished painting.
I love the drawing/painting with the colored pencils; you're so good with shadows and nuance. I was never very good at that.
We're not party people either and don't even stay up until midnight on News Years Eve. That would be a struggle - lol.
I didn't make any resolutions this year. I think so much is going on that I just need to ride the 2010 waves the best I can. :)
Post a Comment