Thursday, January 21, 2010

Day Off

I love days off but they just don't last long enough, the time just flys by. We got up at 8:00, had breakfast at IHOP (they are getting to know us), did our shopping at Walmart, the health food store and the pet shop, went home, ate lunch and took a nap. After the nap I decided to pull up some of the dead flowers in the flowerbed and trim some branches on a small tree that were rubbing against the house.

We had a nice little thunderstorm last night. They called it severe, I guess teeny, tiny hail makes a storm severe, no damage whatsoever but lots of nice rain. The counties Southeast of us were under a tornado watch and I think they had some tornadoes East of Dallas, nothing like that around here.

We decided to take a little road trip out toward the Refuge. The weather was gorgeous, temp in the 60's. We went down a couple of roads that we have never been down before, it's very pretty country out there. I took some photos but haven't loaded them on the computer yet.

I'm adding soy to my list of foods to avoid. At least large doses of it, as in soy milk. I drank one glass of soy milk every day for two or three days and I must say it did not agree with me. The same symptoms that you get with lactose intolerance only soy doesn't have lactose, so I guess you could call it soy intolerance. Soy does come from a bean but I've eaten other kinds of beans and they don't tear me up like soy does. So bye, bye soy.

Photo of the day, this was taken last week (I think). This is called "seagull on a rock."



For I am convinced that neither death, nor life, nor angels, nor principalities, nor things present, nor things to come, nor powers, nor height, nor depth, nor any other created thing, shall be able to separate us from the love of God, which is in Christ Jesus our Lord.
Romans 8:38-39

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

That photo is a beautiful painting in waiting (hint hint). I'm so subtle, yes? LOL Glad you got to enjoy a day off and even accomplished some yard work. I love IHOP!

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks for the hint I might take you up on it one of these days.

April said...

The nap part sounded like the best part of your day off! I rarely take one, but at work after lunch I sometimes feel like my head is going to fall over and hit the keyboard. I'd give anything to lie down for just 30 minutes.

And yes, days off go by waaaay too quickly. :)