My husband surprised me the other day. He wants to learn how to do watercolor painting. I have a book that I got a while back that is for absolute beginners and he is reading that. We were in Hobby Lobby and found a kit, paints, brushes, paper, instruction DVD, etc that originally sold for $70 and was on sale for $15.95. Can't beat that, so we got it. The DVD looked like a lot of fun. He is a very creative person and needs an outlet. Years ago he made several small quilts and wall hangings. Lost interest in that then took up cross stitch. He made several beautiful cross stitch pictures, lost interest in that. Next he took up pottery and made several really nice pottery pieces, lost interest in that. So now it's watercolor, maybe this will be the thing he stays with. Even if it isn't I can use the paints and stuff. I want to eventually learn it too.
I seem to be on a colored pencil kick right now. I did a painting the other day and didn't care for how it turned out so I redid it. I like the second picture much better.
Today the weather was still cold but warmer than the other day. You could go outside and the wind didn't burn like it did on Thursday and Friday. Sassy got two good long walks today.
In church tonight the pastor preached about not being afraid in the new year. We really have nothing to fear, God is in control, He said He would never leave or forsake us and I believe it.
We had 7 members and 1 visitor in our 5th grade Sunday School. I had fun and I think they did too.
Photo of the day, my most recent colored pencil painting, drawing whatever you want to call it.

There is therefore now no condemnation for those who are in Christ Jesus.
Romans 8:1
7 comments:
Is this drawing from your mind or a picture? I'm crazy about your road photograph from previous post. I'm crazy about road photos for some reason. I can take them and take them and never tire of looking at them. I also never tire of dogs curled up on bed pictures. lol.
This is a beautiful painting, SM. I really wish I could wield colored pencils as well as they are a medium I just love. I follow a blog from a colored pencil artist (Leslie Hawes) and her work is beyond the pale gorgeous. I've also seen some beautiful colored pencil art on the WetCanvas board. So glad your husband is interested in watercolors. He seems to also have the soul of an artist!
This drawing is based on a photo that I took last summer. It was cloudy and raining at the time. I believe my DH does have the soul of an artist, he just has to find his medium of expression.
I love your drawing. It looks so "Spring-y" compared to your photo in the next post that looks so cold. You really have a talent and it looks as if you're comfortable with whatever medium you're working with. Perhaps your DH will find his medium one day too.
That's cool your hubby is going to start watercolor - and yes, what a nice deal on the kit! I love the fact that he has done some "traditionally" female creative things, like cross-stitch. He is open minded and I agree with AutumnLeaves that he must have the soul of an artist. :) Very cool.
I really like your most recent painting too!
You really do have a gift for painting! That is awesome that your hubby wants to learn watercolor too. It could be a great time for you both :)!
Oh so nice painting...Well done with the colors.. :)
Post a Comment