I did two drawings the other day. I'm not sure I'll post either one of them. The first one, a bird done in colored pencil on bristol is based on a photo from a magazine. It turned out really great. I don't think I'll post it because copyright issues. I've posted a couple in the past and haven't heard anything but just in case. I've always used photos from magazines as inspiration for drawings and paintings. I certainly don't sell them or make a profit on them. I think they're great practice. The other drawing is an oil pastel based on a photo that I took. I'm not happy with the way it turned out. I don't know if I want to try and fix it or just start from scratch. It would probably be easier to just start over.
Several of the gluten free grains don't agree with me (in fact they made me throw up). Quinoa, I hate the taste and smell of that stuff. But since it's supposed to be so healthy I thought maybe I could develop a taste for it. No way! Shortly after I ate some of it I threw it up, made me sick all afternoon last Friday. Sorghum and flax also caused problems in the past. I checked on the Celiac.com's discussion board and found out that lots of people have problems with those things. Some people can't tolerate any grains at all, not even rice. Rice is my mainstay, I've never had a problem with it. No problem with potatos, corn or gluten free oats either. So, I'll stay with them. I have read that once the body starts to heal sometimes other things can be added in. Quinoa, never, I dispise the stuff.
I baked a chocolate cake from a Betty Crocker mix, gluten free of course. They make some pretty good gluten free stuff. I need to put icing on it now.
I need to brush Sassy, didn't do it last night and she can't go too long without a good brushing.
Photo of the day, taken a couple of weeks ago.

That is you confess with your mouth Jesus as Lord, and believe in your heart that God raised Him from the dead, you shall be saved; for with the heart man believes, resulting in righteousness, and with the mouth he confesses, resulting in salvation.
Romans 10:9-10
4 comments:
I so love that you've been so inspired with your art lately. I don't think posting your paintings infringe on any copyrights. I believe it is only the photos themselves that you cannot post. As someone said to me, you also cannot enter your drawings into juried shows when they are from the photos that are protected under copyrights. 'Course, what do I know? Not much, really. The paintings both sound lovely though. I love colored pencils and may find one day that I work more and more with them! I have a small piece I'm thinking of posting on my place...if I have time. I've not had quinoa. What is it?
Thanks, I might just post the colored pencil drawing then. I want to redo the oil pastel. Qunioa is a grain that comes (I think) from South America. It's been around for centuries. It's supposed to be very healthy for you but my body doesn't tolerate it.
Quinoa definitely is an acquired taste! Lol! It is a seed actually, not a grain. We use it a lot, but it does have a very strong flavor. Have you ever tried millet? It is also gluten free, and can be easily ground into flour to make muffins. It has a pretty bland taste, and is usually very well tolerated.
I haven't tried millet yet. I've had so many bad reactions that right now I'm not willing to try anything new. Maybe later.
Post a Comment