I finished my colored pencil drawing. I'm not really happy with the way it turned out but it's a learning experience after all. I found some photos in some magazines that I think I'll try next. It's all for practice. There's one that I love of a mountain range with the sun going down behind it. I'm thinking about doing that one in oil pastel. That reminds me that Bill took some really good photos of Alaska when he was there in the Air Force. I think I'll pull them out and see what I can do with them.
I haven't been spending as much time on the Internet since I quit Facebook (again). It's nice to have time to do constructive things. The games on Facebook were starting to get ridiculous anyway. Taking way took much time.
My allergies are calming down a little. I still get congested and sneeze but not as much as a week ago. A nice rain would calm things down. Sigh.
I have a chocolate cake in the oven that I made with potato starch. It makes a really good cake that isn't as dry as gluten free stuff can be.
Photo of the day, my most recent colored pencil drawing.
And He has said to me, "My grace is sufficient for you, for power is perfected in weakness." Most gladly, therefore, I will rather boast about my weaknesses, that the power of Christ may dwell in me.
2 Corinthians 12:9

2 comments:
Beautiful handling of the sunlight on the pond, Karen. I love seeing your art work and can't wait to see what you do next. Also would love to see you do something with the AK photos. I'll bet they will be beautiful!!!
Wow, you are so talented, I love your drawing! You should frame it!
I'm glad to hear that your allergies are better. Hope Sassy is doing well, too, and got over the scare she got!
Thanks so much for your compliment, I am feeling great with these bangs! :) As for my mum - she's a fierce little creature... Just kidding. She's great, and fun to be around. Have a great day!
Post a Comment