Thursday, June 3, 2010

Still Hot

Actually they said tomorrow we might reach into the triple digits.  I thought we would do that today but it was in the mid 90's instead.  Once it gets that hot a few more degrees don't matter.  The heat isn't what really bothers me though.  It's the allergies, they are terrible this year.  This is the worst year ever for me with allergies.  I think if it would just rain maybe it would wash all this icky stuff out of the air.  No rain predicted for a long time.

Yesterday was our 21st wedding anniversary.  We didn't do anything special because we had to work.  Vacation is coming up soon though, maybe we'll do something special then.  That's assuming we have any money. 

We had breakfast at the Cracker Barrel again.  We are becoming regulars there.  They are starting to anticipate what we will order.  After breakfast we blew some money at Wally World then it was home and take a nap.  After the nap we went to visit FIL in the nursing home.  Personally I think that nursing home is the best thing for him even though he's inclined to gripe about it.  If he was at home he would sit in front of the TV and sleep all day.  He may or may not remember his medication and he may or may not remember to eat.  MIL doesn't look after him at all.  But, in the nursing home there are people looking out for him 24/7.  He also has a lot of people to talk too.  I know some of them are out of it but if he can't talk to the other patients he can talk to the workers.  They also have activities during the day.  When we came in they were playing bingo.  He gets up and walks around quite a bit and he hasn't had a cigarette in 3 weeks.  I don't know how long it will last though because MIL is pitching a fit.  She thinks that they are not taking proper care of him.  But if he was at home she wouldn't take care of him either.  She tends to be a very negative person, nothing and no one is good enough.  A very unhappy person.  Bill says she's always been that way.  Very sad.  I would hate to spend my whole life always angry about something.  I remember several years ago FIL said that he didn't want to own a gun because he was afraid that MIL would use it on someone.

Tomorrow is the last day of Vacation Bible School.  I have no idea how many kids they have been having.  Need to ask around tomorrow.  Next week the teenagers are going to Falls Creek Youth Camp for the week.  That's something that they look forward to all year.  Falls Creek is a beautiful place.  Bill and I need to go there sometime (when camp is over with) and take some photos of it.  They usually have hundreds of kids there all summer long.

My poor nose is sore from blowing it so much.  My eyes are watery and itchy too.  The allergy pills that I have been taking can't deal with this stuff.  The longer I stay indoors the better I feel.  Unfortunately I'm going to have to take Sassy out in a few minutes.

Jules gave my blog an award.  I'll post it in the sidebar if I can remember how to do that.  I've done it before but it's been a while. 

Photo of the day, another re-run but so what.  A metal sculpture of an elk, located in Medicine Park.















For though we walk in the flesh, we do not war according to the flesh, for the weapons of our warfare are not of the flesh, but divinely powerful for the destruction of fortresses.  We are destroying speculations and every lofty thing raised up against the knowledge of God, and we are taking every thought captive to the obedience of Christ.
2 Corinthians 10:4-5

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Love these last two titles: "Hot," and "Still Hot." LOL It has been hot here too, though not quite as hot as you are having. Beyond 75 and I'm miserable anyway. I too seem to be dealing with heavy allergy issues this year. Lots of sneezing and swollen, itchy, watery eyes. It seems to be seeping into the place too, though. I just love Cracker Barrel's potato casserole. I've never been as fond of the rest of their food though, for some odd reason. Most people I know love the place. But oh...watch out if I go to IHOP! LOLOL

SchnauzerMom said...

I love IHOP too. It's harder to get gluten free stuff there though. Cracker Barrel has a few more choices.