Thursday, June 24, 2010

Almost Over

Our vacation that is.  I wish there was a way to stretch the days out and make them last longer.  I'm not ready to go back to work.  We have a couple more days left.  I haven't accomplished all the things that I had planned yet.  We still haven't taken care of the iris bed.  We did buy a shovel at Home Depot, that's a step in the right direction.  I did dust one room.  The rest of the house is still waiting.

Today we went to Roman Nose State Park.  Neither one of us had ever been there.  It's quite a ways off, north of I-40.  We drove and drove, I was beginning to think we would never get there.  The countryside was pretty, lots of cedar trees.  The park was very small.  There was only a short path that we could take with the car.  We got a map and there is a nice hiking trail and a trail for horseback riding.  There's also a golf course.  I don't know if we will ever go back.  Maybe if we lived closer but we have our beautiful wildlife refuge close by.  It was a nice trip anyway.  I used to think that McDonald's was every where but they are not.  None of the little towns that we passed through had one.  Not that I care to eat at McDonald's it's just that there was a shortage of places to eat.  We stopped at a Sonic in Watonga but they never would wait on us.  I pushed the button 3 times and waited and waited.  So we went back to Anadarko and ate at a Sonic there.  The reason that I wanted to eat at a Sonic is because we eat in the car there.  We brought Sassy along and it was way too hot to leave her in the car while we go inside somewhere.  There was a little flea market at Anadarko that was interesting.  It was easy to find and it meets every week so we'll probably be back sometime soon.

I used by new washer and dryer for the first time today.  It was so nice to have a washer that doesn't shake the whole house when it spins.  It'll take an eternity to pay it off but I'll enjoy using it anyway.

Bill bought a bunch of movies at the flea market so we'll spend the next few days watching them.

I started a new oil pastel drawing.  It's based on a photo in a magazine that appealed to me.  It's a lake somewhere in Scotland.  It's so beautiful the way the sky is reflected in the water.  I hope that I can capture that in my drawing.  I thought about painting it in acrylic but I wanted to use the oil pastels instead.

Photos of the day.  These were taken at Roman Nose State Park.  It's named for an Indian named Roman Nose who used to own the land that the park is located on.  It was part of his allotment.







        
But may it never be that I should boast, except in the cross of our Lord Jesus Christ, through which the world has been crucified to me, and I to the world.
Galatians 6:14

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Beautiful photos, Karen. I love the name and the signage at the entrance to the park. The first photo below that reminds me of the deep south, for some reason. I know too what you mean about vacations being too short and I also know what you mean about being surprised when you can't find a McD's. I always thought they were everywhere too and we often have to drive for a distance to find one when we're out and about.

Anonymous said...

I love your photos! :) Hey, you and I need to exchange a couple of dog pictures! Right? ;) How is Sassy doing? You haven't been writing about her too much lately.

SchnauzerMom said...

Sassy is doing great. She doesn't like the heat but that's because she's wearing a fur coat. lol