Sassy is beside me on the couch chewing on her sock. She quit destroying things once we gave her some old socks to chew on. Of course it could be that she just outgrew the destructive phase. It's safe to let her have the run of the house now.
I hate satellite TV. Yesterday when the rain started it lost the signal and it's still gone even though the sky is clear. Bill is talking to a tech guy on the phone and trying to get things running again. I think once our contract is over we'll go back to cable TV. We never had any trouble with it. We changed because the satellite was cheaper. After a couple of months the price on the satellite shot way up there. It's not worth it because some of our favorite channels we can't even get unless we buy a more expensive package. Then we're stuck with a bunch of junk that we never watch. How many sports channels and news channels do you need anyway?
It's been almost 2 weeks since I bailed out of Facebook and only one person noticed that I was gone. So much for the "friends" list. At first I was really tempted to get back on but the temptation is fading quite a bit. I rarely even think about it.
I did another colored pencil drawing. It's based on a photo in a magazine. They are young whooping cranes. The adult birds are white. I really liked the way they were standing. The next picture that I'm going to do is one of 2 wild horses fighting. I think I'll do that one is soft pastel because the photo looks like it was taken in the early morning fog.
Next week is vacation week!!! I have a list of things that I would like to get done. Topping the list is digging up the Iris. I think I'll transplant some to the front of the house and toss the rest. The Iris beds are nothing but garbage catchers. The dumpsters are south of us and when the wind blows we get all this loose trash. I would rather let that area go back to grass. I wish I could have a nice garden but with no outside water faucet we would have to haul water from inside the house and that's more work than I'm willing to do.
Photo of the day, the colored pencil of whooping cranes.
But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, self-control; against such things there is no law.
Galatians 5:22-23

3 comments:
I'm glad you finally got some rain, and I love your drawing! I wish I could draw like that... Oh, and Frieda is never happier than when she is playing with her favorite toy - and old tennis sock with a squeeky toy stuffed into it. She has several dog toyes that were pretty expensive but her squeeky sock is the only thing she really loves. ;)
This piece is my favorite yet of your works, Karen. I think it is absolutely beautiful and so well done! We have no outside water spigot either so I let nature do its thing. Not good in the high heat of summer but then I am lazy too. (Never used to be; what happened?) I did reactivate my FB account but I don't really know what to do there. I rather like the emailing of the comments though...helps me know whether to pop over and comment back. I don't play any games over there though. I have enough other stuff to do and there is spider solitaire and a link to web sudoku and I even play a couple of free games on pogo.com.
Only one friend realised that I'd dropped off Facebook too. Ah well. I'm not sure what you would call the type of reception we get for our TV but when it rains we have the same problem. Sigh.
Post a Comment