Friday, June 11, 2010

Rain

Well we had a little rain shower last night.  I didn't know anything about it until I took Sassy out this morning and discovered a few puddles of water standing.  Also, the flower bed was muddy.  We need a whole lot more but it doesn't look like we'll get it any time soon. 

We got some work done at home yesterday.  Bill vacuumed the house and mowed the lawn.  I ironed clothes and cooked.  This was in the afternoon after going to Cracker Barrel for breakfast and Wally World for other things.  I bought 2 pair of shoes that hopefully will work with my rotten feet.  One was a pair of sandals.  Both are mens shoes.  They seem to be made better than womens and tend to work better on my feet.  Ungrateful feet.  I always tried to be good to them, no high heels or pointed toe shoes and how do they repay me?  Arthritis.  Oh well.

We haven't been out to the Refuge in a long time.  I noticed the last time that we took a drive that the grass is looking brown and sunburnt.   That's the way it usually looks in late July or August.  Looks like a long hot summer.

Photo of the day, a view of the river/stream walk out at Medicine Park.















I have been crucified with Christ; and it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me, and delivered Himself up for me.
Galatians 2:20

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

I'm with you on the feet thing! I so prefer autumn/winter/spring to the summer months. I just don't do hot too well!