Sunday, June 13, 2010

Sunday

That's a good of title as any I guess.  I hate trying to come up with titles.  I guess I could just skip them, just let the date appear at the top instead.

We're supposed to be getting severe weather but so far nothing,  Not that I want a severe storm anyway.  Heavy rain would be nice though.  It would water the flower bed and fill in the big cracks in the ground.

My mother has a strong tendency to throw things away.  Old things, some of them almost antiques.  One of my cousins did a family history and sent it to her and she threw that out.  I wish she would have told me about it before she tossed it.  I would love to have seen it.  She's thrown away a lot of furniture too.  I'm trying to get her to let me have a chance to take the things before she throws them in the trash.  A while back I did get several books from her.  Most of them were written by Gladys Taber.  She's a very good author who wrote most of her stuff back in the 50's and 60's I think.  I'm reading one right now called Mrs. Daffodil.  That's a funny title but it's a very good book.  I'm really enjoying it so far.  I have several more to read after that one.  Thanks Mom!

Yesterday I finished an oil pastel that is based on a photo that I saw in a magazine.  It has a lot of faults but I'm happy with it.  Now to plan my next drawing/painting.

Last Sunday was the beginning of our new Sunday School year.  We only had one student but today we had 4, moving on up.  All girls.  Hopefully the boys will start coming soon.  Once school starts it'll pick up because everyone will be through with their vacations.

Photo of the day, my newest oil pastel.














There is neither Jew nor Greek, there is neither slave nor free man, there is neither male nor female; for you are all one in Christ Jesus.
Galatians 3:28

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

What a fabulous and rather rustic scene you have captured here. I think it is wonderful work! The title Mrs. Daffodil so appeals to me...I think I've heard of that author before, though not positive. I've been noticing quite a bit of standing water here ruining large sections of the farmers' fields. It doesn't seem like it has been all that rainy to me either, but I'm sure they would disagree (the farmers).

Jules said...

We have five boys and 1 girl in our Bible Class. Thankfully the girl doesn't mind too much and isn't yet at that age where all she's interested in is boys. Love your new blog look by the way!

Anonymous said...

PS: You're a real artist!!! :)

Anonymous said...

You don't have to use titles. You could put something general like "dear reader" or "Sunday afternoon" or simply "hello". Or just leave it blank... I really like your quote of the day.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks for the comments!