We had a great day yesterday, took a road trip but didn't take any pictures. We really need to stop and take pictures. We drove southeast to Ardmore then went up I-35 for a while and then turned of to see the big/little city of Gene Autry. It's a pretty little town. I noticed some big gardens in people's yards. The farther east you go the more trees there are and we actually drove through a rain shower. But, when we headed back home the clouds cleared off and it was hot and dry. There's a chance of rain tomorrow, I hope so. I like taking the side roads, you see so much more, the little town of Hennepin, Ratliff City and so on. We stayed away from lakes and parks because of the crowds. Although the traffic wasn't bad at all.
Today was the first day of Vacation Bible School. I don't know how many kids they had but the attendance usually picks up toward the end of the week.
I started on a colored pencil drawing the other day. I may work on it a while when I get done here.
My allergies have been worse than ever the last couple of days. The wind is coming from the south. I guess I'm allergic to Texas. That's too bad because I think Texas is a great state. But then again, I think I'm allergic to the whole planet.
The reason I haven't called the authorities about our neighbor's dog is that it's hard to get them to do anything. If Sassy had been injured or killed we'd have no problem getting them to act. If the dog is ever out running around loose they'll act. But, most of the time she is in the yard or the house. It can be very frustrating. A dose of antifreeze would work but then that would be a horrible way to die. Of course if she had gotten hold of Sassy, then little Sassy would probably have died horribly too. Don't worry I'm not going to slip the neighbor's dog antifreeze.
Photo of the day, another re-run because I haven't taken any new photos lately. This is the photo that I'm attempting to make a colored pencil drawing of.
Now this I say, he who sows sparingly shall also reap sparingly; and he who sows bountifully shall also reap bountifully.
2 Corinthians 9:6
6 comments:
I can't believe the hot weather you've been getting. We haven't had one real spring day yet, it's been cold and rainy here in Germany ever since that crazy winter went away. Well, at least yesterday we had some sunshine...
Hope those nasty allergies leave you alone soon!
I can't wait to see the painting you are doing, SM. I am a tad horrified at the "dose of antifreeze" comment though. I hate seeing any animals hurt in any way. Maybe the dog is just being protective of its people, though they should definitely keep the dog on leash or in the fenced yard. Too, they should be working on correcting that behavior. Where is Cezar (Cesar? Caesar?) when you need him? You and your husband do what Michael and I often do...just ride and enjoy the beauty that is around us. I'm with you on the A/C. I remember my mom and dad using window fans all through the summer when I was little. It was better than nothing, for sure!
AutumnLeaves you are taking that comment about the antifreeze way too seriously. I have no intention of doing that and I wouldn't condone anyone doing that. The dog was not protecting anyone she just doesn't like small dogs, probably any small animal. I don't know how you could break her of that. They just need to keep her under control.
Hey, SM! I went to send you a FB "poke" and you were gone. Facebook is the great time-waster.
My personal opinion is to pester animal control about the dog and keep a log of the incident, when you called, and what they did. If the dog ever attacks a human (heaven forbid it attack child), you would have a record of what they did or didn't do. Mace makes a doggie pepper spray called Muzzle that might be a wise investment! Out-of-control dogs are just plain scary!
If I had a dime for everytime someone told me that I am too serious or taking something too seriously, I swear I'd be rich! LOL I knew you weren't serious (and you said as much in your entry).
Annie, keeping a log about the dog's behavior is a great idea. Yeah, I got tired of Facebook, especially spending hours playing games.
Post a Comment