We watched movies all evening yesterday. We get them for a dollar a movie at Hastings. Not bad. It doesn't matter too much if there is a dud in the bunch when you only pay a dollar. Today we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel. Then we went out to the Refuge. There was water everywhere. All the lakes were full and all the streams were flowing. I should have taken photos but I didn't. Everything was green and beautiful. We ran into a couple of showers too. Now we're watching the last of the movies that we rented.
My hair is doing weird things today, sticking out in all directions. The only way to control it is to either cut it super short or put a lot of stuff on it and grease it down. I'm not willing to do either of those things so I'll just live with it. I'm pretty much used to weird hair.
We had 4 girls in Sunday School yesterday. That's more than I expected. I really thought everyone would be out of town because of the holiday. I guess the rain kept them in.
Photos of the day, the last two paintings that I did. The first one is the horses done in soft pastel. It didn't turn out as good as I wanted but it was good practice. The second one was done in oil pastel. I'm really pleased with the way it turned out. It's based on a photo that I saw in a magazine of a lake in Scotland.
There is one body and one Spirit, just as also you were called in one hope of your calling; one Lord, one faith, one baptism, one God and Father of all who is over all and through all and in all.
Ephesians 4:4-6


5 comments:
I like both of these paintings, Karen. I think the Scotland landscape is just stunning. Those greens are perfection and something I never seem to manage. Wish that rain would head this way. Way too hot for my taste of late!
Lovely paintings, beautiful colours. I'm so happy that you had an enjoyable Independence Day weekend.
Both paintings are good but the second one really shows your talent. I wouldn't mind having it hanging on my wall (doubt I could ever afford it though). Sorry about the rain, It can mess up your time off.
Thanks for the kind comments!
I still remember growing my hair out, when it was sticking out everywhere. It was too long to lay right, but too short to put up. Just stick with it! This phase will pass!
Those 2 paintings are beautiful! I love the mountain one.
Post a Comment