Saturday, July 17, 2010

Gardening

Sort of.  I love gardens but I'm not really into the physical labor that is involved.  Anyway, while DH was mowing the grass I pulled up some of the Iris and transplanted a few.  The rest I tossed out.  I still have a lot more Iris to take care of.  I'm going to let the grass grow back over the place where the flowers used to be.  It was hot and sweaty work and I had to take a shower afterward.  I had to haul water to water the flowers that I transplanted.  I would love to have a regular garden with veggies and everything but hauling water is more work than I'm willing to do.  Maybe someday we'll have an outside water faucet put in.  That's way down on the priority list. 

After working for a short time this morning we spent the rest of the day at home.  I did some laundry and ironed some things.  Had to sew 3 buttons back on one of DH's shirts.  I had a gluten free Mexican food TV dinner for lunch.  I love Mexican food as long as it's not real hot.  I don't do real hot.  DH loves the really hot stuff but I can't tolerate it. 

I think I'll wear a skirt to church tomorrow.  I have a pair of sandals that I can wear for short periods of time.  They don't hurt my feet too much.  I would really like to get a pair of dress shoes that don't hurt but I would have to order them online and I don't want to put anything on the credit cards right now.  We owe enough, need to pay them down. 

It's been 3 months since I last cut my hair.  Can I hold out?  Can I finally achieve long hair (at least what I consider long hair, anything past shoulder)?  I hope so.  DH likes it better short but I think that's just because it looks pretty rough during the growing out process.  If I can just get past the scruffy stages I think it'll look good.  Especially if I get regular trims.  We'll see.

Well I guess I really am lactose intolerant.  I had some ice cream earlier and didn't take any lactose pills.  I'm paying for that now.  I won't go into the details. 


Photo of the day, a nice Sassy picture.  She looks like she is posing here, or maybe waiting for a treat.  Most likely waiting for a treat.



















Let all bitterness and wrath and anger and clamor and slander be put away from you, along with all malice.  And be kind to one another, tender-hearted, forgiving each other, just as God in Christ also has forgiven you.
Ephesians 4:31-32

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

She sure is adorable though. I'm just like you with the gardening. Love the idea of them and the look of a well done yard/garden. Don't want to put the work into them either. Hope your tummy troubles are better today.

Jules said...

I was wondering a while back when you mentioned that your hair was 'thin' if it was just part of the growing out process. Honestly, if I'd had to grow my hair out from a pixie I don't know if I would've had the patience. Not that I want to put you off because what I've seen of your hair long has been gorgeous but I'm just mentioning it to say that I think I do understand that the growing out process is such an awful phase and I can understand the temptation to cut. However, having said all that, I really hope you can hold out this time. :)

April said...

Yes, gardening can be a lot of work. It's easier when you have water right at the garden - that's for sure. And a husband who has all the tools in the world to do the heavy lifting and moving. I couldn't have gotten my garden together without all Mike's moving the dirt around, etc. with his tools and equipment. And I think the key is to get the garden in while the weather is still nice, if possible, and then to just do minimal work there in the heat of the summer. I love growing things so much that I don't mind some of the work, but I can't bear being out in the heat and humidity mid-day.

Sassy is posing - and what a nice portait it is of her. She seems to be smiling. She looks like a happy dog. :)

SchnauzerMom said...

April, I think if I was retired I might be willing to take gardening more seriously. I enjoy looking at yours. Jules, I'm still not entirely sure if long hair is for me or not. Still looking at the pros and cons.

Unknown said...

I hope you wait to see how your hair looks before deciding to cut. I still remember when I had very short hair, and how awful the growing out process was. Everything stuck out, and it was either too long to do anything with (depending on which layer), or it was too short to put up. Once it got to the shoulders, it was so much easier! Don't give up just yet!

I love the picture of Sassy :).