It's still hot and very humid. The storms stopped for a while but now we have a chance of some storms later this evening. I used to want the hot weather to pass, to want Fall to get here quickly but this year I decided to enjoy each season as it comes. Life passes quickly enough no need to rush it. Besides the heat doesn't seem to bother me as much as it did when I was younger. I wonder if I'll be one of those old ladies wearing a sweater when younger people are wearing shorts.
I took Sassy in today to have her nails clipped. I guess I should clip them myself. I used to clip Scruffy's but I was always afraid of cutting into the quick. If the groomer cuts the quick Sassy can hate her instead of me. In fact she did cut the quick, I saw her putting some of that stuff on the nail that stops the bleeding. Sassy didn't react when it happened. She must have a pretty high threshold of pain.
A few weeks ago I bought several books at Goodwill and I have been reading them. A lot of movies are based on books or short stories and I've always been curious about the books and what changes were made in the movies. I found the original books for Pollyanna, One Hundred and One Dalmatians and Up the Down Staircase. They are all excellent books. I haven't seen the movie Up the Down Staircase but I have seen the other two and they did make a lot of changes to the stories. The movies are good but the books are infinitely better. But then I'm a hopeless bookworm anyway.
We went to the movies this afternoon. It's been a long, long time since we've been to a theater because they are so expensive. You could buy the DVD for the price of going to the theater. But once in a while it's fun to be in the theater with the big screen and the surround sound. We saw the Sorcerer's Apprentice. It was great! A lot of action and no foul language. It's rare to find a movie with no bad language. We're going to buy the DVD when it comes out for sale.
My DH is longer going to teach the 5th grade Sunday School with me. He's gone back to an adult class. So the Children's Division Director has to find someone to work with me. I don't really need any help right now since we only have 4 or 5 kids coming but still it's better to have at least 2 adults in there. So far only girls are coming. Maybe boys will start coming when school starts.
I'm working on a colored pencil painting of an adult whooping crane. It's not finished yet so no photo of it right now.
Photo of the day, this is the backside of a thunderstorm that I photographed a few days ago. Looks pretty awesome. I think it was a pretty heavy storm.
Be angry, and yet do not sin; do not let the sun go down on your anger, and do not give the devil an opportunity.
Ephesians 4:26-27

4 comments:
An amazing photograph! So sorry to hear that your husband is heading back to teaching the adult class (or participating in it himself). Not that I can blame him. Takes a lot of energy for teaching kids and teachers just have my utmost respect! Can't wait to see your crane painting!
He's not teaching, he's just going to be a student for a while.
That is one gorgeous photograph Kathryn! Wow wow wow!
I agree that books are almost always better than the movies. I'm often disappointed with who they choose to play the characters because they often don't look at all like I envisioned them.
We've not been to the movies in years... can't even remember what movie we saw. I did want to see Avatar, but it came out when we were in the middle of moving and packing and dealing with all that. Now it's gone... :(
We rarely go to the theater anymore. We took Evie to see Toy Story 3, and it cost us $25.00, and that was for the matinee (and no food or drinks!)! It is hard for me to want to spend that much, when we can rent it for a few bucks when it comes out of video.
That photo is amazing!!
Post a Comment