Monday, July 26, 2010

Happy Birthday to Me

Yep, today is my 56th birthday.  Whew, I never imagined that I would get this old.  I was so used to being the youngest and now a lot of times I'm the oldest.  I'm not to thrilled with the aging process, wrinkles, gray hair, age spots, and so on.  Not much choice though.  I'm definitely not interested in buying expensive products that are supposed to prevent or slow down the aging process.  After all, it's a fact of life.  I like the way that my husband looks at it.  We're getting closer to heaven. 

So what did I do on my birthday?  Got up and went to work.  No gifts because we don't have any money.  Although we will have a little extra money this week so I might have a mini spending spree later in the week.  We did go out to lunch Saturday, had a steak dinner, not bad.  My Sunday School class gave me a little party.  The lady that is coming into the class as a teacher brought cupcakes and gave me a small gift.  Very nice, very thoughtful of her.  I think we'll make a good team in Sunday School.  We had 5 kids, 4 girls and 1 boy.  The boy didn't seem to mind being surrounded by females.  Maybe he has a lot of sisters.

There's a few rain showers floating around but none floating our way.  The clouds did cool things down a bit. 

I started working on the crochet sweater.  It's working up really fast in spite of the fact that it's single crochet.  I think it's going to look really pretty.  Speaking of sweaters, today's photo of the day is the Aran knit sweater that I finished the other day. 



















For I am confident of this very thing, that He who began a good work in your will perfect it until the day of Christ Jesus.
Philippians 1:6

7 comments:

Liliana said...

Happy birfday to you! I like that blue sweater so much. It'll be great this winter!

Ice Queen said...

Happy Birthday!

Pretty sweater. I like that colour. :D

Autumn Leaves said...

I am so sorry I missed saying happy birthday on the day, Karen! But still and yet, HAPPY BIRTHDAY (belated though it be). I hope and pray that this year brings you peace of mind and a bit of ease in the pocketbook too. Love the sweater and the color is gorgeous. I know it must look fabulous with that sparkly hair and even sparklier blue eyes of yours!

Autumn Leaves said...

Oh yikes. I mean 'Kathy!' At least I had the 'K' right. Sigh...my mind is like a sieve.

April said...

HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY TO YOU dear Kathryn! I'm sorry I missed your birthday yesterday and hope your day was wonderful. I agree... there really isn't much we can do to stop the aging, though like you, I really dislike parts of it! I like the way your hubby looks at it too! :)

The blue sweater is gorgeous! I'm hoping that when I retire I'll have some time to relearn knitting. I love the stitches so.

Did you have a gluten free birthday cake yesterday? Somewhere I've got a recipe for one that's about the best chocolate cake I've ever had. Must find it for Mike's birthday that's coming up!

:)

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks for all the birthday wishes. I didn't have cake although I do have a great gluten free recipe. I made chocolate chip cookies today.

Unknown said...

Happy Birthday (belated on here, but I was on time on fb :))! Your sweater is gorgeous! That is such a pretty color. I really need to learn how to knit sweaters. Seeing yours always inspires me.