Saturday, July 10, 2010

Saturday

Saturday has always been my favorite day of the week.  I guess that goes back to childhood when I could sleep in and then get up and watch cartoons as I ate breakfast.  We have to work for a short while on Saturdays but we usually have most of the day off.  It's a day to rest and relax or do some chores around the house.  It's also a good day to go on road trips.  We're not going anywhere today because money is short and gas is expensive.  I have a few chores that I could do but I don't know if I'll get around to them or not.  I may just sit here and do nothing.

DH has something like 10 or more Trojan viruses on his computer.  He's erased the hard drive and reformatting it.  We bought a different virus program to put on it when he's through.  The one he was using obviously wasn't very good, not if it let that many viruses through.  It was one of those that you can get free on the Internet.  I don't recommend them, not after this.  He just came in here and said that it won't recover.  It won't accept disk 2 so I guess we'll have to take it in and have it worked on.  It means he'll have to spend the week end without the Internet.  Tough luck.  Unless he wants to use mine but then he doesn't like to use mine.  So I guess he'll have to suffer withdrawal symptoms.  Computers and the Internet can be so expensive that sometimes I wonder if it's worth it.  But then I really like to surf the 'Net so I guess we'll keep them.

We have gone through a really stressful time the last two weeks.  You know it's easy to talk about peace in the midst of the storm when the weather is clear but when there's a storm going on it can be hard.  But we're starting to see our way clear.  It's something that we're just going to have to tough out.  Be patient and all that.  I know the Lord is in control.  The hard part is staying out of it and letting Him be in control.  Sometimes I just want to help Him along a little.  I have learned that isn't a wise thing to do.

Sassy is so funny she always takes one of her sock toys with her when she goes to her food dish.  Sometimes it ends up in her water bowl.  She always has to play with her food before she eats it.  I usually find dog food all over the room.

Photo of the day, this was taken back in February.  It's almost the middle of July now.  We've had a lot of rain and I really need to take some photos of all the green stuff out there.  But it's too hot and humid to go anywhere. 















Let no unwholesome word proceed from your mouth, but only such a word as is good for edification according to the need of the moment, that it may give grace to those who hear.
Ephesians 4:29

5 comments:

Unknown said...

My computer just got done having a really bad virus. Thankfully my hubby was able to use the master disc we had from before, and he got rid of it fast without me losing anything. I hope your hubby is able to fix things quick.

I'm so sorry you are going through a stressful time. It can be so hard to be patient. Whenever I think of helping God out, I always think of the story of Abraham and Sarah. Sarah decided to help God out because God wasn't moving fast enough when it came to giving them children. She gave Hagar to Abraham, and they had Ishmael. That didn't work out real well, did it :)?

SchnauzerMom said...

The restore disc didn't help so we're going to have to take the computer in and have someone work on it. I only hope they can fix it.

Autumn Leaves said...

Letting go and letting God is so hard to do, isn't it? I struggle with that myself, alot. Also been in quite a "storm" around here. Hopefully things will be on the mend. You are in my prayers, Karen.

Jules said...

Sorry about the computer. Our family shares the one that's online and I get so frustrated at times when other people change my settings. A personal one would be great.

I know what you mean about sometimes wanting to step in and do God's work for Him when it seems He's taking a while. I guess that's human nature and it's not easy to learn to sit back and let Him have total control but it's the only way.

Blessings, Jules

Anonymous said...

I love Saturdays, too! :) I'm so sorry you're going through a rough time, though, and will keep you in my thoughts! Hugs!