Friday, July 23, 2010

Once A Week

I was planning on posting more often but it seems once a week is all I've got in me.  Oh well, that's OK.  It's been hot and humid, but no rain.  My flowers need some rain.  That's the only way that they are going to get watered. 

Yesterday we had breakfast at Cracker Barrel and then went to a flea market in Anadarko.  We bought a couple of DVDs and several paperback books.  I have a lot of reading to do.  We spent the rest of the afternoon at home.  It's just too hot to do much running around.

I finished the Aran  sweater that I have been working on for several months.  It turned out really well.  I took a photo of it but I haven't loaded it onto my computer yet, so I'll show it off in a future post.  I'm in the process of replacing all my store bought sweaters with homemade sweaters.  Actually most of the sweaters I didn't buy, I got them at the church's free clothes closet.  Back at Christmastime I got cash as gifts so I bought enough yarn to make 3 sweaters.  One down, 2 to go.  The next one will be crocheted and multicolor.  Three shades of green and white.

I finished the colored pencil painting of an adult whooping crane.  It turned out good, not wonderful, just good.  I haven't started anything new yet but I have some ideas in mind.

I came dangerously close to cutting my hair the other day.  The usual reasons, I'm too old, my hair is too thin, husband prefers my hair short and so on.    I got over it though and my hair is once again safe.  Even though my husband prefers it short it's not like he's going to leave me if I grow it out, it's my hair after all.

I was given a beautiful blog award and as soon as I figure out how to post it here I will.  I'm supposed to tell 10 things about myself, I'll do that in a future post.  I'm also supposed to give it to 10 other bloggers.  I don't know 10 bloggers that I can give it too.  Some already have it and others aren't even blogging anymore.  I guess I should delete the non bloggers.

Photo of the day, my colored pencil painting of an adult whooping crane.















For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the powers, against the world forces of this darkness,against the spiritual forces of wickedness in the heavenly places.
Ephesians 6:12

5 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Those reflections of the grasses are just amazing, Karen. (Gosh, I hope I haven't forgotten your name and am using the wrong one again...I'm just so used to SchnauzerMom! LOL) Love the movement you've captured in the crane too. You are amazing and I always enjoy your varied interests. You and your husband do alot of similar things that my husband and I do.

SchnauzerMom said...

Yep, you're using the wrong one, my name's Kathy not Karen. Sounds like we have a lot in common.

FrannyG said...

I really wish that I could knit. I'm all thumbs though. I really admire that you are making your own sweaters.

I really like the crane very much.

Oh, and if you don't have 10 bloggers to give the beautiful blog award to, don't worry about it.

Your blog is still beautiful, and you deserve the award. The little rules are not that important.

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks Franny!

Unknown said...

Good for you on holding off cutting your hair! I know that you have regretted it when you have done it before. Stay strong :)! Your painting of the crane is so good!