Thursday, December 24, 2009

Bizzard Warning

I've never experienced a blizzard before. As long as we're in the house it's no big deal but I would hate to have to drive in this mess. The wind is what is causing all the problems. The falling snow would be really pretty if the wind didn't whip it into little icy missles that sting your face and get in your eyes. I know because I took Sassy out for a potty break. I had to force her to go out, she didn't like the conditions. I think this is probably the first snow she has ever seen, the wind didn't help any either. She didn't do a thing while we were out except run around. I guess the snow is covering up all the good pee spots. We'll try again later. I had the same problem with Scruffy. I always had to force her to go out in the snow. The drifts behind the house are really deep, I tried to walk through one of them and had to turn back. I know for the states up North this is nothing but it's a pretty big deal for us. People here don't know how to drive in this kind of weather, that's the main reason that I prefer to stay home. Might have some cocoa later. Good cocoa weather.

I've been reading, knitting and just generally laying around all day. Should clean house but I just can't get up enough willpower to do it. Maybe later.

Depending on the weather conditions we'll go visit Bill's parents tomorrow. They just live across town, not very far away. We were going to visit my mom tonight but that's been postponed until Saturday even though she only lives about a mile away. Normally we just get a little dusting of snow and it's gone in no time but I think this might hang around a few days. But by Saturday we should be able to get around really well.

My big concern was losing the electricity. It did blink once but so far it's holding out really well. Now if this was our usual freezing rain storm we'd all be in the dark by now. It would be nice to have a back up generator.

Photo of the day, not a winter one because I'm not willing to go outside to take one and taking one through the windows wouldn't show the conditions very well. So here is a photo taken during warmer times, last summer.



But God demonstrates His own love toward us, in that while we were yet sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8

1 comment:

Autumn Leaves said...

God demonstrates His love for us in so many ways. Truly humbling thought for me. Anyway, I hope the conditions are much improved today and that you and Bill are having a fabulous and cozy Christmas. I wish I could have a lazy day myself. I'm in dire need. Want? Need.