We get Wednesday through Saturday off, whoo hoo! I don't know if we will be able to take any road trips through because the weather is supposed to get kinda nasty tomorrow evening. But, the weather people have been wrong before. We're going to my mom's for Christmas Eve and to Bill's parents for Christmas Day. Haven't done any shopping at all, lack of money has a lot to do with that. We just happen to have a little extra money this week so we're going out tomorrow and get a few things. For Bill's parents all the kids are going together and get them a gift certificate at Cracker Barrel, they really like to eat there. I think for my mom I'll get her some jewelery and maybe a sweater. For my brother, I don't know, we got a decorative pocket knife, it has an eagle painted on it. I think maybe I'll get him a gift certificate at Wayne's Drive Inn, he does go there once in a while. I could get him a sweatshirt too, the kind that zips up, I guess you'd call it a jacket. I think he wears those, seems like I've seen him wearing them. He's very difficult to buy for. He doesn't dress up, doesn't wear cologne or anything like that. He can afford to buy anything and everything that he wants. One year I got him a box of 22 shells, he used to like to shoot guns. He doesn't do that much anymore, too expensive. I bought him a sweater one year that he never wore. Oh well, he'll get something.
I love the new soft oil pastels that I got for Christmas (early obviously). They are so much better to use that the cheap ones that I got several years ago. I got cheap ones at that time because I wasn't sure if it was something I wanted to do. I definitely love oil pastels, it's something that I'm going to keep up.
Photo of the day an oil pastel that I did last night. It's based on a photo that I saw in the Smithsonian magazine. The photo was taken by Ansel Adams. He's famous for black and white photography but he did take some color photos as well.
For I am not ashamed of the gospel, for it is the power of God for salvation to everyone who believes, to the Jew first and also to the Greek.
Romans 1:16
2 comments:
Look at that gorgeous sunset sky!! My goodness, you just shouldn't keep this kind of talent hidden! I love this piece, K. I think it sounds like you are going to have a truly fun Christmas! You are right about the more expensive art supplies; there is definitely a reason they are more expensive! They work better! I found the same to be true with colored pencils. Though I still don't have a super quality set, I was gifted a much better set than I had and they are so much easier to work with!
I have a good set of colored pencils too. Right now I'm hooked on oil pastels. I'll get the pencils out later.
Post a Comment