Today is my MIL's birthday and we sent flowers to her. She is very hard to buy for so we usually send flowers. She doesn't want anything Christmasy and that is hard because most of the arrangements were with a Christmas theme. She enjoyed the flowers we did send her.
My allergies have been really bad the last few days, sneezing, headaches, stomach upset, all that.
We found out today that SIL's soon to be ex husband does have a girlfriend. My in-law's neighbors know her and have seen them together. I thought he had a girlfriend. We also found out that they have been having problems for a long time now (hid it pretty well) and SIL is actually happy and relieved that it's soon to be over. It's sad to me because they've been married 27 years and it seems like that would be worth fighting for but they don't care for each other any more.
I did a couple more paintings. The first one is the star on top of our tree, it's done in semi hard pastel. The second is a landscape, a view from the top of Mt. Scott, it's done in soft pastel.


They look better in person than they do in the photo. They were fun to do. I found a photo in the Smithsonian magazine that I think I want to do next. I think I'll do it in the oil pastels.
Of Him all the prophets bear witness that through His name everyone who believes in Him receives forgiveness of sins.
Acts 10:43
4 comments:
I think these are both fabulous, K. The Christmas star just pops right off of that paper (beautiful choice of paper, I might add). The landscape is gorgeous and I could so easily get lost in it. Such a gift you have!
I too would think that 27 years would be worth fighting for. Even after that long it's easy to fall prey to Hollywood's version of love and forget that it is a committment and a choice. It's so sad to hear of marriages ending. Of course we don't know all the details, but if's a marriage in trouble there is help available. And if the people involved are Christians then they should know where to turn. Anyway, that's my rant for the day. I guess this has touched a tender spot with me today. Blessings, Jules
I dread going out to the grocery store tomorrow! I hope it's not that busy, I'm going to try and go early!
Your doing a great job with your pictures! It seems you have artistic abilities!
SM, I want to wish you and your dh a wonderful Christmas!
I hope ya'll have a wonderful Christmas too!
Post a Comment