Thursday, December 3, 2009

Baby

it's cold outside. I got to wear the turtleneck sweater that I finished last spring. It's nice and warm. That North wind cuts right through you.

We went to Bill's parents' house and raked the leaves in the front yard. I think we filled about 15 bags with leaves. It wasn't too bad in the front because the house was blocking the wind. The back yard needs to be done but it will have to wait, they may have to pay someone to do it. We both worked until we got backaches. Not as flexible as we used to be.

Speaking of inlaws we found out that Bill's sister is getting a divorce. Her husband decided that he just didn't love her anymore. It sounds like quite a mess. I think he has a girlfriend and just wants his wife out of the way so the girlfriend can move in. He says his wife doesn't "understand" him. We always thought he was a strange character. It's tough happening at this time of the year though.

We had breakfast at IHOP today. We love to go there for breakfast. I can't eat the pancakes but I can eat most of the other stuff. We took the pancakes home and Bill will eat them for breakfast tomorrow.

We're watching the Lord of the Rings, Fellowship of the Ring right now and eating gluten free brownies.

Photo of the day, a view from the mountaintop.



But these things have been written that you may believe that Jesus is the Christ, the Son of God; and that believing you may have life in His name.
John 20:31

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I so love eating at IHOP myself. Alas, our wallets are a bit bare these days, but that just sounds so good to me right now! I think yards look ever so much better with their carpeting of fallen leaves. I've always been different that way, I suppose. So sorry to hear of Bill's sister's situation. I cannot imagine her heartbreak.

Silver said...

The view is astounding.

Quite a difference what the heart feels about such news.. hope that things work out between them.. still got to believe in a little magic of Christmas..

;)
Silver
Reflections