Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Vacation

For my husband that is. We can't take a vacation together right now because we are shorthanded at work. Our co-worker will be out for several more weeks.

Usually about this time I'm getting pretty tired of holidays and this year is no different. I do enjoy getting a few extra days off. Next week we only have to work a couple of days but I'm ready for things to get back to normal. I think I would enjoy it better if we could afford to buy lots of gifts. I really enjoy giving gifts but that's not possible. To top it off the lights on our tree shorted out. Bah, humbug. I'm really not having a bad time. Holidays are just not a big deal for me.

It's been very cold the last couple of days. No moisture, it's bone dry.

Haven't done much with my new art supplies yet. I got soft oil pastels, semi-hard pastels and soft pastels. So far I've done one picture with the semi-hard pastels. Been too busy for some reason.

Sunday night we had our children's Christmas program. They did a great job and 3 kids from our 5th grade Sunday School class were in it. The backdrops that I painted looked great! And here they are: the play takes place in an airport terminal. The backdrops were placed on either side of the baptistry. This is a doorway and a window.



This backdrop is a view of the plane looking through a window with snow falling.



I enjoyed painting it. I took pictures of the children but I'm not sure if their parents would want their pictures posted on the Internet so I won't do it. We are planning to have a little Christmas party Sunday and hand out some gifts to the kids.

Photo of the day (in addition to the ones already posted): this is a view of Mt. Scott and Medicine Creek.



We must obey God rather than men.
Acts 5:29

4 comments:

Liliana said...

Well done. The backdrops look fantastic. You're so good! The airplane is really nice. We had a lil' Christams show too, but the backdrop sure didn't look like that!

Autumn Leaves said...

What a great job on the set scenes, K. I am surprised that art isn't more of a passion for you; you are just so good at it. Here I am with a passion for it and limited talent. If you can even use that "t" word about my stuff. Love the scripture and the photo too. You have tons of beautiful photos to inspire you, I know! Can't wait to see what it next, truly!

April said...

You did a great job on the backgrounds; that plane looks very cool!

I'm not too tired of the holidays because we're not really having one this year! No tree, no decorations, and minimal gift giving since we'll be working up at the cabin cleaning everything and trying to set it up to make it liveable. Lotsa work, but it will be worth it. Maybe I'll take a little fake tree up there for Christmas though... just to add a little "cheer" while we play It's a Wonderful Life on the tv's old tape deck thingie. :)

Daisy said...

Just taking a quick minute here SM, too tell you that you did such an awesome job on the airplane!! I bet that added SO much to the play! You are so talented!!