I ran out of things to eat so I spent some time this evening cooking. Baked some chicken and roasted a sweet potato with some white potatoes. Then I made some chili and cornbread. Bill will probably eat that even if the cornbread is gluten free.
We're watching Lion King right now. My favorite character is the little baboon priest, medicine man (whatever he is.) I like Timon and Pumba a lot too.
We went to Walmart to get the stuff for the chili and saw a friend that we haven't seen in a long time. It's amazing how you can live in the same town and not see each other. We don't go to the same church anymore and that makes a difference.
Photos of the day, two more oil pastels. They're not very good but I had fun doing them and that's the main thing. The first one is a flower, obviously.

The next one looks almost like an abstract but actually it's a picture of a log, or rather the knot in a log.

And it shall be, that everyone who calls on the Name of the Lord shall be saved.
Acts 2:21
2 comments:
Well I for one think they are both wonderful, K. Do you ever check out some of the artists' blogs that I follow. They lead to other artists blogs, various challenges, etc. So much fun, truly. If the passion is there, keep the flames lit, ok? I think your work is oodles better than anything I can do. I am loving reading about shows and galleries, processes, and tips. You might also enjoy WetCanvas (an online artist community with works in progress, classes, galleries, and many, many members). I haven't visited in a while but it is truly a place to find all artistic mediums and get lost in the looking...
I have checked out some of the blogs that you follow and now I follow them too. Good stuff!
Post a Comment