Sunday, November 29, 2009

70's Yesterday

40's today, quite a change. A cold front started coming through last night. The wind is still out of the north and cold, to me anyway. Not to Sassy, but then she's wearing a fur coat.

We were down quite a bit in Sunday School. There's a lot of sickness going around and I think some folks may still be out of town visiting kinfolk for Thanksgiving. We had 5 kids and we normally have 7 or 8. But that's OK. We had a good time together. Hopefully they learned something. Starting next week we will be learning about the birth of Christ. I never get tired of the Bible stories even though I've heard them hundreds of times in my life. The kids are familiar with some of the stories and some they're not so familiar with so it's new to them.

Did another oil pastel the other day. It is an orchid that was growing along side Medicine Creek last summer.

Photobucket

The weather was so nice yesterday that we went out to the Refuge to play with our cameras. Sassy survived the trip quite well, didn't get carsick even once. I guess it helps to stop and let her walk around a lot. Settles her stomach.

Photo of the day, Medicine Park has a lot of buildings made out of cobblestones. In fact they like to call themselves a cobblestone community. This one obviously isn't lived in anymore. But I thought it was very interesting.



This is My commandment, that you love one another, just as I have loved you. Greater love has no one than this, that one lay down his life for his friends.
John 15:12-13

2 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

I am so impressed with your artistic abilities, K. Truly lovely piece and much bolder strokes than I have seen thus far. Just beautiful! You might consider some of the challenges out there in blog world! You might enjoy them as they do have a tendency to stretch one!

Jules said...

Love the building and the painting.