Friday, November 6, 2009

Yesterday didn't work out quite the way I wanted it to. We needed new tires on the car so we took it to the shop. In the past it took a couple of hours at the most. This time they were shorthanded and we sat there for 4 hours. Even then they weren't finished. They put the tires on put they hadn't done the alignment check yet. We took the car home anyway, they can do the alignment check some other time. We sat there from 10:00 until 2:30, that's not my idea of how I want to spend my day off. Oh well, we have new tires anyway. The old tires were practically bald and it's kind of scary taking road trips on bad tires. Now I feel safer.

We had lunch at 3:00 in the afternoon (I think they should have bought us lunch) at a mexican food place. We shared a plate because they give such huge portions.

We went to Penny's in the Mall and got new curtains for the bedroom. We were using curtains that I had made 10 years ago and they were inadequate for the job. The curtains we got are thermal, they block out the light and the heat. We're going back today and get some for the whole house. They are on sale, buy one and get another one for 99 cents. I think they will help with the electric bill. The mini blinds that we have are worthless, I hate mini blinds anyway, they are too hard to clean. When the curtains are up the blinds will go in the dumpster.

I don't miss Facebook, don't care if the crops are failing or the pies are burning. Several people asked me Wednesday evening at church why I quit Facebook. Seems like everyone is hooked on those stupid games. Maybe we need a Facebook recovery group.

Made progress on the afghan, sewed the squares into strips and now I need to sew the strips together. Then I'll crochet a border around it and use up the last of my yarn.

Photo of the day, a re-run, this is the last painting I made. Need to start another one soon.

Photobucket

My sheep hear My voice, and I know them, and they follow Me; and I give eternal life to them, and they shall never perish; and no one shall snatch them out of My hand. My Father, who has given them to Me, is greater than all; and no one is able to snatch them out of the Father's hand. I and the Father are one.
John 10:27-30

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

With your talent, darlin', you should never stop painting. That is a wonderful piece and I look forward to seeing more of your work, truly. I have never missed Facebook and the only game I really enjoyed there was Scrabble. Not enough to stay on FB though. Sounds like you've already started getting lots done since quitting! You go, girl!

April said...

Waiting to get tires put on like that would've had me crawling the walls too - especially on my day off. I also hate the smell of those places. But yes, the feeling of new tires on the car is a good thing!

I can't wait to see your afghan! I'm going to get yarn on my way home from work today to start working on my baby afghan. Still haven't decided on the design though!

I love room darkening, thermal curtains, but we have them only in the bedroom right now. They will certainly reduce your utility bills.

I remember that painting; I really like it.

Unknown said...

What a bummer that you had to spend that long getting tires! Thankfully you probably won't have to do that for a good long time. I had to laugh at what you said about Facebook. I have a friend who calls it "Crackbook"...in other words, veeerrrry addictive! I agree, it seems like everyone is hooked on the games. I haven't tried any, and I am actually glad! I don't need another thing to rob my time!

Grr, I see that Blogger still hasn't updated my friend's blog's list. It still says I haven't blogged in a month, even though I have posted 4 blog posts in the past several days!!

Annie said...

Goodness! I thought that was a photo at first glance!

Thanks for the JCP heads-up on curtains. We're going there today and I need curtains for the bedroom.