Tuesday, November 24, 2009

Two More

oil pastels that is. They look better in person than in the photos. I enjoyed making them and I made them from my own photos taken out on the Refuge. Oil pastel artists call it painting so that's what I'll call it even though it seems more like drawing to me but who am I to argue. The first one is based on a photo that I took of some reeds by a lake on the Refuge.



The second one is based on a photo of some of the hills on the Refuge.



Sassy saw the drawing that I made of her and started growling and barking. Hmmmm does that mean I did such a good job that it fooled her into thinking it's a real dog or such a bad job that she hated it. Either way it was funny to see her reaction.

The turkey was thawed out so I'm baking it this evening in an oven bag. I love those things, they keep it from drying out. I'm just baking a turkey breast instead of the whole turkey. There will be less waste that way, no skin and bones to throw away. We both prefer white meat anyway.

We took a little road trip today out to the Refuge. Got a few good photos. It was cold with a strong north wind blowing. Sassy even enjoyed it since we let her get out and walk around several times. At least she didn't throw up in the car this time.

I haven't taken a photo of the backdrop that I painted for the Children's Musical yet. I'm going to wait until it is up on the stage. It will be easier to photograph that way.

Photo of the day, taken today on the Refuge. The wind was blowing hard out of the north and there were whitecaps on the lake.



Peace I leave with you; My peace I give to you; not as the world gives, do I give to you. Let not your heart be troubled, nor let it be fearful.
John 14:27

3 comments:

Jules said...

The paintings are great. I'm pleased to see you using your talent again. Look forward to seeing the backdrop. Blessings, Jules

April said...

I love the first pastel! You did the water so well. I've always been very intimidated by drawing/painting water and have never really tried to capture it, but you did a great job.

I would say YES, you did a good job on Sassy for her to bark at her likeness - LOL!

Autumn Leaves said...

Not one, but two beautiful paintings, K! I love them both. I agree with April about that beautiful water you have captured! I find it difficult fore sure. I so love you works!