Our "injured" co-worker told Bill the other day that he will have to have surgery on his left wrist and will be in a cast for 6 months. His health is really going downhill. I have never heard of some one's health deteriorating because of a broken wrist. I think his problem is the stomach stapling which was botched up and now needs to be corrected. His problem is finding a doctor here in the US who will fix a mess up that was done in India. Right now the man is slowly starving to death. There are things that he could be doing to help himself and his health but he is too stubborn to do them. It's hard to feel sorry for someone who refuses to do the right thing.
I'm going to help paint the backdrop for the Children's Christmas musical. I think it will be a lot of fun. We'll do it on Wednesday evening. I dropped out of the choir because I have no musical ability. It seemed that music was the only way to serve God (talent wise that is) in this church. Artistic talent seemed to go by the wayside. The associate pastor's wife is the one who did all the artistic stuff but she has too many irons in the fire right now. She is also a very musical person and plays the piano for the choir and orchestra. I don't think she'd mind letting someone else do some painting. I guess I just needed to advertise more. Last Wednesday evening I was sitting in our classroom waiting for Bill to get out of choir rehearsal. I had my sketchbook with me and was doing a drawing when our Children's Director walked in and saw it. She oooo'd and ahhhh'd over it and said "we need to put you to work." We've known each other for over 20 years but she never knew that I could draw.
We're closed tomorrow, Veteran's Day and Bill and I have Thursday's off anyway so for this week we get two days in a row off. Wonderful. What will we do? I don't know. Need to vacuum the floor, there is grass everywhere, probably should clean the bathrooms but other than that it's free time. We might just take a road trip.
We have a little extra money this week and I have a hankerin' to knit a sweater. I just might pick out some yarn and start on one.
Photo of the day, the other day in the park Bill was feeding the birds and the seagulls were flying everywhere. It's funny how they could almost hover in the air like a helicopter.
And I, if I be lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to Myself.
John 12:32
3 comments:
The painting sounds like fun. I bet it was cool having someone discover your drawing talent like that.
What in the world are seagulls doing in Oklahoma!? :)
Enjoy your two days off!
I've never known a church to not be willing to use their members' talents, darlin'. They can't know what we can do unless we offer, right? I love that you and Bill teach Sunday school. I tried that a few times but it just wasn't for me. I ended up, ultimately, working in our church's nursery for one of the services, sometimes both if there was no one else to do it. I loved the babies. I also was our kitchen coordinator. Since moving out of Cook County, I haven't found a church, or made enough of an effort to find one. I am just so lazy, always with the excuses. I hope to rectify that one of these days.
April, we think it's weird having seasgulls in landlocked Oklahoma too. We just call them lake gulls.
Post a Comment