I'm on vacation next week and looking forward to it too. Unfortunately Bill and I can't take vacations together for a while because we're short handed. I hope that is corrected soon. I did some snooping and found that the "injured" co-worker has been released from medical care for his ankle and knee (I didn't know anything was wrong with his knee) but he is still under a doctor's care for his left wrist. He has been telling people that his wrist is broken, that there are bone fragments in it but what he really has is a torn ligament. I'll be glad when this whole thing is settled. We really need some help. I saw him the other day at Hastings and he looked like someone who is dying of cancer. He has lost over 200 pounds since he had his stomach stapled last March. He still can't hold food down, still throws up most of what he tries to eat. At least that's what he tells us. He has lied about other things so I'm not sure what to believe.
We had 7 kids in Sunday School today, down 2 from the week before. This was supposed to be a high attendance day. I hope the other classes did better. Of course the cold, rainy weather may have an influence. People tend to stay home when the weather is bad. Kids don't really have a choice, they have to rely on their parents to bring them. If mom doesn't want to get out of bed on Sunday then the kids stay home. We learned about Daniel and the handwriting on the wall. Next week we'll learn about Daniel in the lion's den.
My back finally quit hurting. I had a backache earlier today, muscle spasms.
I need to have Bill take a new profile picture of me. My hair has grown out some since the one I'm using was taken. I don't think I want to cut it that short anymore. The girl sheared me like a sheep the last time. She was griping about her soon to be ex husband and wasn't paying a lot of attention to what she was doing.
Photo of the day, a view from the mountain, looking toward Lawtonka Lake. We haven't been out to the Refuge is a long time. I bet we missed the color change of the leaves, they're probably dropping off the trees now.
A new commandment I give to you, that you love one another, even as I have loved you, that you also love one another. By this all men will know that you are My disciples, if you have love for one another.
John 13:34-35
4 comments:
You can only let go and let God as it relates to your co-worker and his antics, my friend. I love that photo and am so glad to know you are vacation next week (or is it this week?). Michael is also on vacation next week and I look forward to it. Always so much going on around here that I look forward to his availability to help!
I agree about the co-worker, there is nothing any of us can do about it.
What a gorgeous picture of that lake. I have been amazed at how Oklahoma looks. That is one state I have never been to, and I had this picture in my mind that it was flat, dry desert and scrub brush. Your pictures have changed my mental picture quite a bit!
That really is a beautiful photo of Oklahoma. I drove through there many years ago and it's where I first noticed the topography really starting to change from the wooded east to the open West. It's beautiful there.
I have next week off too - all week! I'm going to finish my baby blanket! Woohoooo! :)
Post a Comment