I think I must have an addiction prone personality because I get hooked on things easily. That's why I have always avoided alcohol because I'm convinced that I would have become an alcoholic, there were several in my dad's side of the family. I've been spending a lot of time on Facebook and I mean a LOT, like 3 or 4 hours a day playing those stupid games. It all seems like such a waste because I have all these things that I want to do, books to read and so on. But, instead, I'm on Facebook, harvesting crops on a make believe farm. So, I'm going cold turkey, that seems to be the only way that I can do things, cold turkey. I don't do well trying to wean myself off of things. I originally got on Facebook because I thought it would be a good way to get to know people, keep up with what's happening and all that. But that hasn't happened, most of my friends on there are also hooked on those games, they don't talk much, just sent little pictures of flowers, hearts and stuff back and forth and play games. I'm tired of it so I deleted it. I doubt if they will miss me. When I made the decision to do that I felt like a prisoner set free. I even got my colored pencils out and drew something. I've been wanting to go back to painting and drawing for a long time but when you spend 4 hours a day on Facebook you don't have time for other things. I also have a stack of books to read. I used to be a real bookworm. I'd like to go back to that.
The attendance at our Family Fun Night on Halloween was down quite a bit. The weather was really nice and I think most people were out in the neighborhoods. When the weather is cold our attendance is up. It didn't bother me, less of a mess to clean up. Bill and I had a lot of fun with the children's cake walk, gave away a lot of cakes, cookies and cupcakes.
The weather has been gorgeous, in the 70's today and by Saturday it's supposed to get close to 80. I wish we could take the week off.
Photo of the day, Sassy at the State Capital patiently waiting for me to quit taking pictures and get a move on.
If therefore the Son shall make you free, you shall be free indeed.
John 8:36

5 comments:
That expression on Sassy's face is priceless! I also love her name. Wasn't Sassy a character that Dino loved in the Flintstones? I think she was a movie start dino or something...It has been a good long while!
I hope you will share your art. I think you showed me something before and you are wonderful (way beyond my abilities)! Come join my fun with all the wonderful on-line artist blogs! Check out the WetCanvas.com site as well. Lots of fun and lots of information and lots of beauty over there!
I can kind of relate to the Facebook thing. I wasn't on it that much, but felt pressure to be. I didn't like that pressure at all. So when I went on my blog hiatus last month, I stopped Facebook. I haven't missed it at all. My problem was that I was hooked into places that interested me (animal rights & veganism for example) and was forever getting dings (posts?) about so many things that I felt obligated to read. I could never read it all! I just couldn't keep up so closed the door and left. Ha! So good for you too. There are too many other things in life I'd rather be doing, not to mention that I'm on a computer all day at work; I surely don't want to be on it at home too.
That's a cute picture of Sassy being patient. I can hear her thinking, "Oh hurry up Mom, we've got better things to be doing!"
I can relate to the facebook thing. I'm trying to avoid facebook because of that reason. It is so easy to blow 2 hours of your time on there doing nothing. I'm trying to stick to blogging, emailing and the Loom right now.
I enjoyed Facebook when Aunt Jo & I had free time to farm & chat. Now that we're both in an office, there's not much time for the socializing. I try to chat & visit with the other foks, but no one chats back. I'm getting fed up with it, too.
I must admit that they only reason I reactivated my Facebook account was because I've read that it's a great marketing tool. But having reactivated it I'm already thinking of deactivating it. I'm not into the games (thankfully) and really don't care about reading what others have had for dinner or whatever. Every now and then I'll get a message from a friend and I'll think, "OOh this isn't so bad after all", but seriously I think for most people it is an incredible time waster. More so than blogging or internet forums (if no body's written anything then I just get off the computer and do something else - no temptation to play games etc). If you can go cold turkey, I think that's great.
Post a Comment