I did do a few other things besides paint the backdrop. Yesterday I vacuumed the whole house, ironed Bill's shirts and baked a gluten free chocolate cake. Yes, I'm back on the gluten free bandwagon to stay this time. The extra veggies and fruit helped but they weren't enough, gluten free is also necessary. We went to the health food store and I got some more flour and other goodies. Bill is not willing to go gluten free with me but that's OK. He eats his Lean Cuisine stuff and I eat my gluten free stuff. Sassy has her lamb and rice stuff. It works out just fine. Our Thanksgiving meal won't be 100 percent gluten free but the turkey is and the veggies will be. Bill and my mother and brother can eat the rolls, dressing, gravy and pumpkin pie. Those things aren't real high on my list of favorites anyway. The turkey is my favorite. It the pie crust recipe that I'm going to try out today works, then I'll make either a chocolate or an apple pie for Thanksgiving. There will also be mashed potatoes and mixed veggies too.
Once again the weather is absolutely gorgeous here, temp in the mid 60's. I think Fall is the best time of the year in Oklahoma. The leaves are almost gone from the trees so it doesn't look very pretty but it feels pretty!
I might get ambitious tomorrow and dust the furniture. Then again, maybe not.
Photo of the day, a nice view of Lake Lawtonka.
Let not your heart be troubled; believe in God, believe also in Me. In My Father's house are many dwelling places; if it were not so, I would have told you; for I go to prepare a place for you. and if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you to Myself; that where I am, there you may be also.
John 14:1-3
2 comments:
I am not sure why, but your scripture verse also reminds me of Thanksgiving and the reason for it...Looking forward to seeing your backdrop!
I am amazed at how much gluten free stuff is in grocery stores now. I went to the store the other day, and there was a huge freezer section full of gluten free stuff. It is expensive stuff usually, so I try and make my own if I can. But it is good that there is so much available! Your weather sounds perfect! It is pretty cold here now.
Post a Comment