About 10 years ago Bill decided to quit his job and go back to school so we were living on my income. Pretty low on the hog, down around the feet. We were in a small, ratty apartment and needed curtains. So I made some quilted curtains from fabric scraps and instead of batting I put in old towels. We have used them in every place that we have lived since then. But, they are too narrow for the windows in this house. That's why we decided to buy new ones, the first new curtains that I've had in many, many years. We went back to Pennys and ordered some for the rest of the house, they were almost out of them. We should get them tomorrow or the next day. I took the quilted curtains and sewed the two panels together and now I have an afghan size quilt that is on my couch. They are still in good shape even though the hot sun has been shining on them for years. Here is a photo, notice the dog, if anything ends up on the floor Sassy claims it.

I finished the afghan and Bill is wrapped up in it right now. I'll take a photo of it later. It was fun making it. I think now I'd like to knit another sweater. The hard part is decided which one. Definitely an Aran pattern, I like the challenge.
I've started working on the pillow quilt again. Gee, I've accomplished quite a bit since I gave up Facebook. I have NO desire to go back.
I did several drawings and now I need to decide what I want to paint. I have some oil pastels and I saw a really beautiful photo of a child in the October National Geographic, I may attempt that next.
We had 9, count em, 9 kids in Sunday School yesterday. I had a great time. Looks like they did too. Hope they learned something.
We took Sassy to the park Saturday. She hasn't been out there in a long time. You could tell she was having a blast. Photos of the day, Sassy at the Park:



Jesus said to her, I am the resurrection and the life; he who believes in Me shall live even if he dies, and eveyone who lives and believes in Me shall never die. Do you believe this?
John 11:25-26
3 comments:
Aww, Sassy looks so cute claiming "her" blanket :). What a beautiful quilt too! You do such great work. I'm glad you are accomplishing so much now that you are not on Facebook. I am still on it every day or so, but I'm trying to limit my time to just a few minutes. So far so good :).
I am so enjoy your more positive outlook and sharing in your creative efforts. The throw came out wonderfully and I love how necessity is the mother of invention for some of us. I cannot wait, simply bouncing in anticipation, for your next art work! I am so proud of you! Wish we lived near each other!
AutumnLeaves, I wish you lived closer too, I think we could be good friends.
Post a Comment