Saturday, November 21, 2009

Oil Pastels

I love pastels and now I'm discovering oil pastels. They're not powdery and they don't smear which is an advantage. I love soft pastels too but I don't own any right now. I think I'll get a set with my Christmas bonus this year. We went to Hobby Lobby today and I kinda drooled over all the things that I want to buy. We went to Sears last night and got Bill a new camera for Christmas. He wanted a digital SLR camera and I think we got a good one, also got a 300 mm lens too. Since the camera costs so much he's going to give me his Christmas bonus so I'll have even more to buy art supplies with. Of course I might not get just art supplies. There are other things to get. Like new clothes. I haven't bought new clothes in a long time. We usually go to thrift shops. I don't have a problem with that, thrift shops have some really good quality stuff. I also got his old camera which I love.

Speaking of oil pastels I have a very helpful book which show some of the techniques. I also found some good blogs to study. The main thing is to just do it, paint, paint, paint. I've done several paintings so far. Following is a photo of the one that I did today. I know it's not perfect but I had fun making it.



Tomorrow our church is having our annual Thanksgiving dinner. Afterwards we'll have to clean up the mess, we usually have a lot of help so it won't be so bad. There's no church tomorrow night so we have the evening off. I want to see who won the next Iron Chef contest. That will be on tomorrow evening.

Vacation is over, sigh. I have another week coming but I don't think I'll be able to take it before the end of the year.

Photo of the day, I took this photo Thursday, from the top of Mt. Scott.



I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life; no one comes to the Father, but through Me.
John 14:6

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

K, you are truly gifted with your art. With your talents, I am surprised you haven't been way more prolific. I am so excited to follow your pieces as you delve more and more into your art. Sassy looks so danged cute in this portrait! You will find that you make some wonderful new friends in the artist blogger world!

Unknown said...

Wow! Great job on that picture of Sassy! I am impressed :)!

SchnauzerMom said...

Thanks! I can see all kinds of things wrong with it but I won't tell.