Sunday, January 20, 2013

Beautiful Weather

The temperature is in the 60's today with a light wind.  Very nice.  Unfortunately I don't really feel all that great so we didn't go riding around. I have a head cold and it sounds like Bill is getting one too.  Oh well, 'tis the season for sickness.  We're off work tomorrow because it's Martin Luther King Day.  So we're going to shampoo the living room carpet.  Sassy was sick the other day, threw up a few times and had some problems with the other end too.  The carpet has never been cleaned so it's past due.  She seems to be feeling better anyway.

I bought a package of different colored mat board at Hobby Lobby the other day.  It's 12 inches square and it's really nice to use oil pastels on.  Colored pencil seems to work really well too.  I finished an oil pastel a little while ago.  It was based on a photo that I took out on the Refuge a few weeks ago.  It came out really nice.  I like it.  I had fun making it. 

We're working on the paperwork to get Bill's dad in the VA nursing home.  We have all the info that we need except their finances.  That's going to be difficult to get out of his mom.  Bill's sister, Terri is working on the Medicaid end.  She needs the information to file with them too.  If Medicaid comes through then he will stay where he is.  If VA comes through he'll go to the VA home.  Either way he'll be taken care of. 

Photo of the day:  I finally figured out how to add new photos.  It's a lot more complicated than it used to be.  This photo was taken a few weeks ago on a trip to OKC.  This building was in the town of Lindsey. 














The Lord is for me; I will not fear; what can man do to me?
Psalm 118:6

No comments: