I was just thinking about our society's standard for beauty. People with thin hair want thick hair. People with dark hair want to lighten it. Those with straight or curly hair want the opposite. Tall want to be short, fat wants to be thin. So on and on. The trouble is no one lives up to the standard. Not even movies stars or fashion models. They have hairdressers and make up artists following them around. Their photos have been photo shopped, air brushed or whatever. I have come to the conclusion that I want what I have, what God gave me and He doesn't make junk. I have decided to go against the grain and grow my hair out even though "they" say that it is too fine and too thin besides the fact that I'm too old. It's actually kinda fun to be different, to go your own way and not follow the crowd.
Stayed away from soft drinks and candy one more day. One day at a time is all it takes.
Too is a funny word. I know the difference between two and too but I'm not always sure if I should use too or to. I guess it's not all that important. I'm not writing a novel here. I'm not looking to be published.
I'm still having trouble posting new photos here so I guess I'll use another re-run, re-runs are good too. This picture was taken a few years ago. This is from the peach tree that was in our yard. It's no longer there. Actually the stump is there but that's all. The tree died. I don't know if the drought got it or what. We don't water anything outside, it's all on it's own.
The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine declares the Lord of Hosts.
Haggai 2:8
No comments:
Post a Comment