Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Happy New Year!

New Year's Resolutions, actually they're not resolutions because I've been working on them for a while.  I'd like to work more on my art, drawing and painting.  I'd like to lose a few more pounds.  I have a stack of books and I'd like to read more.  I'd like to stop being so negative.  I know it's my nature, the way I was raised but I'm a new creature in Christ Jesus and I have a new nature.  I want to tap into that new nature. 

I've been off work all last week and the first 2 days of this week.  I got a lot of things done.  Cleaned out the back room, the one that I consider mine.  Unfortunately it's also the room where all the things go that would normally be in a garage.  Goodwill got quite a few things and everything else was moved around and put in better places.  Next I helped Bill clean his room.  His room is full of bookshelves and a computer.  Goodwill got a few things from there too.  He still can't find his stamp collection though.  I know it's in the house somewhere, Goodwill didn't get it.  All the Christmas stuff has been taken down and put away.  The house is back to normal now, whatever "normal" is.

It's really cold outside.  I guess we won't do any riding around today.  We're watching Twilight Zone reruns.  I did go to the church and changed the library window for the month of January.  I put a banner in the window that says "Jesus, the light of the world."  Then I put up a bunch of candle holders in the window display itself.  Then in the window that faces outside I put a bunch of snowpeople.  In the interor of the library I put some teddy bears that are wearing sweaters.  I like the way it turned out. 

Tomorrow we go back to work.  Oh well. 

Photo of the day:  This old ranch house is on the road to the Wildlife Refuge.  It looks like it must have been a nice house at one time.

No comments: