Breakfast:
1/2 grapefruit
1 slice whole wheat toast, dry
8 oz. water
Lunch:
4 oz. lean broiled chicken breast
1 cup steamed spinach
1 cup herb tea
1 Oreo cookie
Mid afternoon snack:
Rest of Oreos in package
2 pints rocky road ice cream, nuts, cherry, whipped cream
Dinner:
2 loaves garlic bread with cheese
4 cans or 1 large pitcher of Coke
3 Milky Way bars
Late Evening News:
Entire frozen cheesecake eaten directly from the freezer
Sounds familiar, I've been there. I was cleaning out some files and found this. I don't know who wrote it but I can relate. Actually I'm doing pretty good diet wise. I've lost 18 pounds, took almost a year to do it and I have 12 more to go. It'll probably take a year to get rid of them but that's OK. I want it to stay off. It's been my experience that if the weight comes off fast then it goes back on fast too. I've given up gluten for health reasons, lately I've given up all soft drinks, sweetened and diet for health and financial (they're very expensive) reasons. I figured that we spend over $50 a month on just soft drinks. The last soft drink that I had was last Wednesday morning and I don't miss it. I'm starting to develop a taste for tea instead. I'm also in the process of cutting out candy. I used to eat candy all day long at work because I thought it would give me some energy. Doesn't work, the sugar high doesn't last long and then you crash. The last candy I had was on Friday. I feel so much better when I'm disciplined. My husband is 100 pounds overweight and I'd like to be a help to him. He is borderline diabetic and weight loss would definitely help that situation.
Photo of the day: this photo is a re-run. It was taken several years ago, back when it used to rain here. Everything looks so nice and green. We saw this lake a couple weeks ago and it's just a puddle.
But the Lord is in His holy temple. Let all the earth be silent before Him.
Habakkuk 2:20

2 comments:
The tea I'm drinking most is Celestial Seasons brand Apple/Cinnamon flavor. Do you like that flavor? If so, try it. It's sweet and I can't find that it contains sugar. I believe it the apple flavor making it sweet. At work, everyone comments on how nice it smells. We're not allowed to wear fragrances and they were rubbing the teabag behind their ears pretending to wear it as perfume. lol!
Congratulations on the weight loss. I'd be thrilled if I could lose that much in a year and keep it off. Good choices too cutting out the candy and soft drinks. I don't like soft drinks, so I guess I'm lucky there, but I do love candy. Once you get past the desire for sugar, you find a lot of other foods are far better tasting anyway.
Post a Comment