Bill and I just fell off the so called fiscal cliff. The government is taking $80 a month more out of our pay. That doesn't sound like much but it is a great deal to us. We're going to have to cut back somewhere else. I'm not sure where right now because we've cut so much as it is. I thought they were going to raise taxes on the rich. We're far from rich. In fact we're just a few steps above welfare. They talk about saving the middle class, well, we're not even middle class. Working class, I think, is what we're called. I hope we don't have to resort to bankrupcy. I think a lot of people will have to take that choice. We're going to hold out as long as possible. Make do or do without.
We went back to work today. I've been off so long that a whole day of work is pretty tiring. But, I survived. Lot's of people were sick during the Christmas holidays. So far we have avoided that. Although I was sick a couple of weeks ago. Hopefully that is the only sick spell that I will have this season.
I finished an oil pastel yesterday. It's based on a photo in the National Geographic of Hadrian's Wall in northern England. Turned out pretty good I think. Now for the next project. I think I'll use colored pencils this time.
Photo of the day: I nice hill picture, taken on the Refuge.
1 comment:
I feel your pain! We lost $170 between increased taxes and insurance premiums. "Won't see one dime in increased taxes" my foot! Makes me see red.
Post a Comment