It's very cold and very windy today. The weather yesterday was almost 70 degrees and today is in the 30's. Quite a contrast but that's Oklahoma for you.
I decided to give up soft drinks. They're expensive and not good for you anyway. Of course I've given them up several times in the past but I'm stubborn so I'll try it again. Cravings start in the mind so it's a matter of controlling the mind or changing the mind. I'm locked into gluten free mostly because of the bad reactions that I get to it when I eat it. I don't really get any reactions to diet soda but I keep hearing a lot of bad things about it. The main reason though is because it's so expensive. Coffee and tea are a lot cheaper. I get aggravated because I can't eat and drink the things that I could when I was younger. The goal is to accept the situation and move on. Actually the things that I'm giving up weren't good for me when I was younger either. My mom indulged us a lot, let us eat and drink what we wanted. That was her way of expressing love. Also, food is love to her anyway. Especially sweets. She eats a lot of sweets. She's made it to 85 so far so I wouldn't try to get her to give up anything. But I feel better without that stuff.
We're watching Antiques Roadshow right now and there is a man on there wearing a plaid jacket and pants with flowers on them. Hmmm, interesting. I wish we could buy something at a garage sale for $5 and find out it's worth $50,000. My $5 stuff is usually worth $5 or less. Oh well.
I fill out our tax return and emailed it in. Our taxes are pretty simple, no investments or extra income of any kind. We're getting some money back which is helpful. We'll take the car in for a check up and then I'm going to get a check up too. I haven't been to the doc in a long time because of funds. Bill is starting a list of things to get but this time I'm getting mine first.
Let's see if I can insert a photo: Whoo Hoo I figured out how to put photos in here. Things have changed obviously. I hate it when they change things. Especially after I already had it all figured out. Anyway this was taken out on the Refuge a few weeks ago.
No comments:
Post a Comment