Saturday, April 25, 2009

Cloudy

Lot's of clouds and humidity. We're supposed to get severe weather later. Hopefully it won't be too severe, we could really use the rain. Then I won't have to water the flowerbed.

I am not a very patient person. I want things right now or at least tomorrow. I came really close to cutting my hair yesterday. Not because I don't like the way it looks but because it takes so long to grow it out. Of course if I keep cutting it in a pixie it will never grow out. So I've decided to use the growing out long hair thing as an ongoing lesson in patience. All good things take time. Especially if you want them done right. You can't rush through a project and expect it to turn out well. I've decided to turn my hair into a project. Of course the patience thing applies to my other projects as well. Losing weight for example. I want the weight to fall off at least as quickly as I put it on. But, unfortunately, it's a lot harder to get off than to put on. Patience! I have three pillow quilts waiting on me. I want those to be done in just a couple of days but that can't happen if I quilt by hand and I really love the way hand quilting looks. Patience. They will get done. My sweater is waiting for me too. If I knit too much it makes my hands hurt so I have to pace myself there. Patience. I want Sassy to be as well behaved as Scruffy was, but we had Scruffy for 13 years and when she was young she was a handful too. Patience. We live in a society that is impatient and demands instant gratification. That's sad too, we rush our lives by so fast. You wake up one day and you wonder where it all went. That's why I want to live at a slower pace. Life is short enough, don't rush it. Patience.

Photo of the day, one more yellow Iris picture.

Photobucket

The Lord's lovingkindnesses indeed never cease, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Thy faithfulness. "The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I have hope in Him." The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the person who seeks Him. It is good that he waits silently for the salvation of the Lord.
Lamentations 3:22-26

3 comments:

Annie said...

You and I fell out of the same mold. I can't get anything done because it won't be finished NOW. How I managed to keep from whacking off my hair, I don't know, but I've managed to leave the scissors alone.

Autumn Leaves said...

Seriously wise words, SM. I have thought them myself many times. Now...if I could just heed them. Someone told me once that praying for patience can bite one in the proberbial butt. I don't pray for it. I just hope for it! LOL

Daisy said...

Great post SM!