Monday, April 27, 2009

Lots of Rain

Last night that is. We were told the storms were severe but all we got was rain, no hail and no high winds. Enid had a tornado the other day. It's all pretty calm right now. We have about a 40 percent chance of storms. My flowerbed is very happy. I used to be terrified of the storms. I would waste so much time and energy worrying about whether or not a tornado would wipe us out. I'm slowly getting over that. I'm learning to live in the moment, so to speak. Deal with what is actually out there and not dread what might happen. Something the preacher said last night finally sunk in. Nothing can kill me, I cannot die until the Lord decides that it's time for me to die. When I die I'll go to heaven to be with Him, can't beat that. Of course we're supposed to use common sense. Don't abuse your body with drugs, alcohol and so forth. If there are tornadoes headed straight for us then we need to take shelter. But to lie awake at night worrying about what might be brewing out there is pointless and a sign of a lack of faith.

Why does Sassy always want to go out when I'm trying to post to this blog? She'll have to hold it a little longer.

My daffodils and day lilies still haven't bloomed. I wonder if the cold spells we got a few weeks ago, zapped them. They're still nice and green though. I planted a few annuals in the flowerbed the other day, need to photograph them, petunias and some other thing, don't remember what it's called.

Photo of the day, it'll have to be a re-run. I need to take some new photos. Actually this photo may not be a re-run. Anyway here is a view from the top of the mountain.

Photobucket

Who is there who speaks and it comes to pass, unless the Lord has commanded it?
Lamentations 4:37

6 comments:

Aunt Jo said...

We got rain and wind, but no hail.

I've never been frightened of storms and have been in a couple of tornadoes.

I look forward to going to heaven.

Autumn Leaves said...

I remember hearing these same words in a sermon quite a few years ago. I'm sure glad to be reminded of them too. Thanks sweetie. And that is a fabulous photo!

SchnauzerMom said...

Aunt Jo, that is the attitude that I am aiming for.

Annie said...

We 're in a mobile home and have no shelter, so I get a little squeemish sometimes. One night a year ago, we had a nasty storm, and one of the Tulsa stations reported a tornado located right around our house. It was NOT fun and I don't want to do that again.

We don't have day lilies yet, and the irises are just starting to bloom, but the daffodils have already bloomed out. If you're talking about the ones I sent you, it might take them a bit to get settled.

Daisy said...

I admit that I do pray in severe storms because yes they do scare me and the Lord sure knows it.

SchnauzerMom said...

Annie I am talking about the flowers you sent me. I thought maybe next year they'll get settled in and bloom.