Thursday, April 23, 2009

Thankful Thursday

What am I thankful for? Well, let's see. . .my DH. He mowed the lawn today. Of course he had a new toy to play with, we bought a new mower today. He gave away our old mower, he's lucky to still be alive. He wanted to pay someone to mow the lawn but the average price is $20 a week. That's ridiculous for our tiny, postage stamp lawn. For $80 a month we can easily buy a new mower. He hates to mow and so do I but that's just too much money to give to someone else. I'd rather pay myself $20 a week to do it.

Hot again today, temp in the 90's. I think they said we set a new record again. There are a few thunderstorms west of us but I don't know if they'll make it our way or not. It's bone dry and we could use some rain.

I planted a few petunias today. We'll see how well they do in red clay soil. The Iris like it.

We had lunch at a Greek restaurant. We both had gyros, very, very good stuff. This is the first time we've been to this place and it's on the repeat list. I ate half for lunch and finished off the other half a little while ago. I'm a little too full right now.

Sassy wants to go out but she'll have to hold out until I'm done here.

Photo of the day, yellow Iris.



Call to Me, and I will answer you, and I will tell you great and mighty things, which you do not know.
Jeremiah 33:3

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Ooh, such a pretty flower! I shudder at the thought of heat in the 90's. I know it is coming to us too, eventually. I wouldn't be too thrilled with paying for someone to mow the lawn either, especially as I have a good feel for the size of lawn you have (we live in a mobile too). I hope I can actually take over mowing here (once we get started that is) as it would be decent exercise for me.

Annie said...

I love your yellow irises. My future yard will have all colors, and several tulip beds for Laurel.

SchnauzerMom said...

I want some tulips too. I just haven't gotten around to getting them yet.