Friday, April 17, 2009

Iris

I don't know what the plural of iris is, iris's, irises? Whatever, they are blooming like crazy out there. Most are purple, I think there are only a couple yellow ones. I used to have several colors but obviously those disappeared when I thinned them out in the fall, oh well. The purple ones are very pretty. We had thunderstorms yesterday and I wanted to get photos of them before they got beat up by hail. Fortunately we only got maybe 5 little, tiny hail stones. Lots of rain though. Now there's a severe storm out west but I don't think it's headed this way. I do hope we get some more rain later.

The boar finally thawed out and I put some in baking bags, some in the crock pot and fried some. It's extremely lean and looks more like beef than pork. Tastes good though. We put the venison in the fridge to thaw now, it will probably take at least a week too.

I think I'm allergic to the air freshener thing that we got at Walmart the other day. It smells good but my eyes are burning. It's in the trash right now and needs to be carried out to the dumpster.

I think when I get done here I'll make some chocolate chip cookies, gluten free of course.

Photo of the day, raindrops on the iris.

Photobucket

And you will seek Me and find Me, when you search for Me with all your heart.
Jeremiah 29:13

3 comments:

Annie said...

My iris's are starting to bloom, too.

I usually use lavender and/or peppermint essential oils for air fresheners. Grocery store fresheners bother me, too.

Autumn Leaves said...

Another lovely photo of your purple irises, darlin'. I cannot find the two pics I saved to paint...again. Where do these things get to??? I thought I even uploaded them to photobucket but cannot find them there either...Sigh...

Daisy said...

Your Iris is pretty! :) I've never had boar meat before.