We won't be eating out tomorrow, can't afford it. I'll just have more baked spaghetti. As a result of some bad decisions made a few years ago we are now living from paycheck to paycheck. Hopefully someday we'll get out of the hole we've dug for ourselves. My family has always been low income, so making do and sometimes doing without is no big deal for me. It's harder for DH because his parents have always bought whatever they want. Their house is jammed full of stuff that they never use. We have a lot of stuff too but every time we try to clean house and toss stuff out we end up needing it again. DH is concerned about what will happen to us in our old age. Well, it's unlikely that we'll be able to retire. We'll have to work at least part time until we both croak. That's OK, that's better than sitting around all day watching talk shows on TV like my mom does.
Photo of the day, this photo was taken last year of my Sweet William. It has just started to bloom a little this year. Doesn't look as good as this though.

There is none like Thee, O Lord; Thou art great, and great is Thy name in might.
Jeremiah 10:6
4 comments:
I'm really glad you are feeling better SM! Why do we always want the stuff that we can't have? That baked spaghetti sounds delicious!
I know the paycheck to paycheck thing, my friend. I can't say we have made any ONE bad decision, financially. I had eleven years as a single mom and had just started to rebuild myself and my cedit when I met Michael. He was ok, financially, but had the credit cards going. Then when I got laid off of work, house payments and his continued and additional credit card use escalated and then there were the girls and the advent of the babies and they all being young and poor and our helping...and here we are...struggling along. And now I'm not working either. I keep hoping something will come along and I'll get hired. But I suspect that I've done too much in this life and it makes me look flakey or stupid or something. Or the economy is just extra bad in our area. Something.
I thought you weren't a gardener. You have the most beuatiful flowers, always!
I'm no gardener, my flowers have to be able to take care of themselves.
We live in the bottom of a financial crater, too. It's discouraging looking at those steep, rocky walls and thinking how long it's going to take to climb out! I have a very sweet Hubby who likes to spoil his wife. I asked for something, and he said OK. When he was paying the bills, I just spent money. I took over bill paying last summer, and wow! I didn't realize how deep we were in debt! Now that interest has doubled on everything, it's really a struggle. Oh, well, we were irresponsible, now we have to pay for it.
Post a Comment