Sunday, April 19, 2009

Windy

The wind is pretty strong out of the north, clouds floating all around. We're not supposed to get any rain though, which means we'll get a downpour. It's 63 degrees, not bad but a little chilly when walking the pooch.

Our pastor preached about the second coming of Christ today. That's an event I'm really looking forward too. I think it would be so exciting and thrilling to see Him coming back to earth. He's the only One who can fix this mess that we're in. Of course no one knows the day or the time when He will come. It could be tomorrow or it could be 100 years from now. All I know for sure is that it will happen.

I made some chocolate chip chocolate cookies yesterday, yum, yum. Gluten free of course. I got some guar gum at the health food store the other day. Guar gum takes the place of gluten in baking. I also used a package of instant pudding mix. The cookies came out really well, you wouldn't know they were gluten free if I didn't tell you. I cut back on the fat and sugar in the recipe too.

I made some stir fry with the wild boar. I boiled brown rice but it didn't cook very well. Probably because I was so worried about burning it that I lifted the lid too many times and it didn't get to steam properly. Need to get a rice cooker one of these days. I had one for years and years but it wore out.

I'm almost finished knitting the front of my sweater then on to the sleeves. It will be done in time to wear next winter. Things like knitting and crocheting makes my hands hurt after a while so I can't do them everyday. Drawing and painting doesn't make my hands hurt at all, I guess I should do them more often.

Photo of the day, my last photo was an Iris in the rain, now here's an Iris in the sun.

Photobucket

The Lord appeared to him from afar, saying, "I have loved you with an everlasting love; therefore I have drawn you with lovingkindness."
Jeremiah 31:3

3 comments:

Jules said...

I love Irises! I've planted some blulbs in our garden so hopefully come Spring we will have some showing their pretty heads. We have two old stained glass windows in our house that are of purple bearded Irises and I designed a quilt based on these windows. Oh lukcy you to be moving into Spring and to be able to enjoy these flowers in all their beauty!

Annie said...

I still only have one iris bloom.

Will you share your cookie recipe?

Autumn Leaves said...

What a lovely iris! Do you know I did finally find my other two iris pics you've let me some day copy? They are on the desktop computer! Next painting after Tessa's poppy fields will be an iris, methinks.

You make me wish I had a home church. I miss being there and hearing God's messages.