Wednesday, April 29, 2009

Flooding

inside the church building. It rained a lot and really hard. Some of the drains on the roof were stopped up with debris, leaves and such. The water was not able to go down the drains so it overflowed and ran down the walls. The carpets in three rooms were soaked. We did the best we could to get the water out. With this humidity it will take days to dry. An interesting morning. There's quite a bit of rain heading our way right now. Hopefully that's all we'll get.

My newly planted flowers got pounded by the hard rain this morning. I think they'll come around again when they get some sun.

Sunday morning I'm going to help out in one of the second grade Sunday Schools. They have 3 teachers and all three will be gone this Sunday. Another lady and I will be in there. DH would help too but he's substitute teaching in our adult Sunday School. The teacher there will be out of town too.

Sassy wants to go out and chase birds and cats. It's beginning to rain and I refuse to go out right now.

Photo of the day, this photo was taken last year.

Photobucket

For I delight in loyalty rather than sacrifice, and in the knowledge of God rather than burnt offerings.
Hosea 6:6

4 comments:

Annie said...

Can Sassy come chase some of my cats? I might let her eat a few. They're all being ding-a-lings right now.

Just looked at the radar - you certainly are getting a bit of weather in your neck of the woods!

Autumn Leaves said...

Hmmm...that verse has me trying to remember if Hosea was a prophet. It sure sounds like a prophecy of New Testament times...

Yes, it has been too long since I've been in church, a home group, a Bible study, I'm sad to say.

I hope the gutters got cleaned out so the church doesn't take on more water!

Unknown said...

Oh wow! How awful! I hope your church doesn't get any more water in, and that you will be able to get all the water out.

SchnauzerMom said...

The church is fine (I think.) Both bathrooms in our house leaked around the exhaust fans. That happens when the wind is blowing out of the right direction. We got lots of rain but nothing severe.