Friday, May 1, 2009

Chilly

Earlier today it was warm and muggy and I wore shorts to work. By the time we got off work the wind had switched to the north and now it's downright chilly. I had to put jeans on to walk Sassy. Next time we go out I'll put a jacket on. There are severe storms south of us and so far none of them seem to be heading this way. That's OK we had over 7 inches of rain in April, way over the average. It's supposed to be rainy throughout the weekend though.

We had a chance to get Sassy a companion, a Brussels Griffin but I don't think we can afford another dog right now. The dog and his litter mates were rescued from a puppy mill and the lady who has them is giving the little male away. I was strongly tempted but I think I'll hold off. DH would rather have a chihuahua if we do get a second dog.

I think I'll make a gluten free chocolate cake after while. Need something sweet.

Photo of the day, actually more than one. I'm in the process of growing my hair out and like to take progress photos every couple months. Here is a progression of growth for my hair. The first photo was taken in January.

Jan 2009

The second photo was taken in March.

March 2009

The third was taken yesterday. It's my official May photo.

Photobucket

My hair is making lot's of progress, I think.

"Behold, days are coming," declares the Lord God, "When I will send a famine on the land, not a famine for bread or a thirst for water, but rather for hearing the words of the Lord."
Amos 8:11

4 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Your hair IS making lots of progress! It looks marvelous!

Unknown said...

Wow! It looks beautiful! You really have made some great progress! It looks so shiny and healthy too :).

Annie said...

Yes! It looks great!

Daisy said...

Wow, you're hair grows fast SM! It's looking really nice!