We got leftovers from the Pastor's Conference today. The cooks take care of us. DH will have to eat the stuff with gluten in it but there is still chicken and baked potatoes that I can eat. I have learned that chicory root extract does NOT agree with me. I got some yogurt that had fibre added to it, the source of the fibre is the extract. I didn't think anything of it. The yogurt tasted very good, but a couple hours later I got severe cramps, stomach cramps as well as intestinal cramps. It's finally calming down now. That stuff is on my "avoid like the plague" list. I'll get my fibre from the usual sources, fruit, veggies and so forth. Beans don't mess my guts up like that extract did.
Yesterday I helped out in one of the 2nd grade Sunday Schools. All 3 teachers were out so another lady and I filled in. We had 6 girls and 2 boys. Rowdy bunch, rowdy, rowdy, rowdy. That's why I don't work in Children's Sunday School full time any more. I'm not good at making kids behave. You're not allowed to shout "sit down and shut up!" Don't want to make the little darlin's cry. They'll make me cry instead.
Photo of the day, this photo was taken in 2007 when we had a lot of rain. I think it probably looks like this again on the Refuge right now.

But as for you, Bethlehem Ephrathah, too little to be among the clans of Judah, from you One will go forth for Me to be ruler in Israel. His goings forth are from long ago, from the days of eternity.
Micah 5:2
3 comments:
It's not always easy working with children is it SM! I've been there! I've used the reward system in the past, and drew up a chart .. where if they were good for a whole month they got a prize. Also we stand quietly with our hand raised and the children follow suit when it gets too loud. Having them change positions frequently and having a lot of action in the lessons help too. Bonding with the children makes all the difference in the world too ...even putting a lesson on hold to listen to their concerns, praying with them and really caring about them and just having plain fun with them helps also we try and do things with them outside of church the odd time as well so that helps greatly.
But no, it's not always easy, I've spent many days on my knees in prayer at times like that. At this time we have awesome children, they have been really, really good ...I'm sooo impressed with them.
What a beautiful photograph! It looks like a luscious painting! I'm so sorry to hear about your tummy troubles. Something seems off with mine much of the time too. I give up trying to figure out what causes the upsets. Anyway, I must say...your reasons for the non-full-time Sunday school work is exactly why I no longer do it or subbing...I just don't have the patience.
You had sunshine? That is so not fair! We were supposed to have some in the afternoon, but if we did, I blinked and missed it.
Post a Comment