It's amazing how very different I feel when I'm gluten free as compared to when I eat gluten. It's hard to describe and the doctor would probably say it's all in my head but it's actually all in my guts. With gluten I feel like I have a lump of lead in my stomach plus kinks in the intestines. Without gluten everything is calm and relaxed.
The Arts for All Festival is this weekend. I hope the weather is good because DH and I love to go to it. There's one vendor in particular that we always buy a piece of pottery from. Most of the stuff is too expensive but we love to look anyway.
Photo of the day, there's a bird with a nest in the common area behind our house. I wanted to get a photo of it before the maintenance man runs over it with the lawn mower.
Here are the eggs:

And here's mama trying to lead Sassy and me away from the nest:

He has told you, O man, what is good; and what does the Lord require of you but to do justice, to love kindness,, and to walk humbly with your God?
Micah 6:8
6 comments:
You are so good at taking matters of fact (i.e., the lawnmowing over the nest) better than I am. I wish I could not let such things bother me so much! Hope you can stick with the gluten free this time around. Good luck!
My DH thinks we need to tell the guy about the nest and maybe he won't run over it. We thought about putting a flag there but then the kids in the neighborhood would bother the nest.
We had a kildeer lay eggs in the middle of the driveway. I built a little rock wall around the nest so we'd see it and not run over it. The UPS man wasn't so aware....
Isn't sunshine wonderful!!!! Of course, in a few weeks we'll be wishing for rain again!
Do you have a Sam's card? One of the ladies at dance last night had some 5-grain glutenless crackers that she said she can only find at Sam's. I tried one & they were quite tasty.
We used to have a Sam's card but let it run out because we only went maybe once a year and never bought anything. The church has a Sam's card though, maybe we could borrow it.
Your body is letting you know what it needs for good health. It's not as if you're on some weird diet that is going to compromise your health so if it makes you feel better who cares if someone thinks it's all in your head? (I'd probably get a similar response to my yeast-free and sugar-free diet but I know that I'm a lot healthier on it - my whole body feels better - and I have less annoying symptoms so I'm sticking with it).
Jules, I totally agree with you, we need to listen to our bodies. God has placed a wisdom there.
Post a Comment