Thursday, May 14, 2009

Thankful Thursday

I'm thankful that the severe weather that was headed our way last night slid off to the east. Not good for the folks over there though. We went to bed at 12:30 and not long after that I heard something that sounded like someone was throwing rocks at the house. I realized that it was hail. Got up to look and sure enough quarter size hail was falling. Fortunately it wasn't enough to damage the garden or the car. Very noisy though. It's been cloudy, cool and light rain off and on all day.

I got a new mouse for my computer, the old one croaked and I was using the touch pad thing. Hate that thing, a mouse is much better.

We were planning on eating lunch at Outback Steakhouse today. When we drove up there at 11:30 there was no one there, they don't serve lunch only dinner. So we went down the road to the Lone Star Steakhouse. We have never been there. The food was excellent but expensive. That will be a place that we got to for special occasions. We did have enough leftovers to have another meal.

We were going to see the new Star Trek movie today but that will have to wait until next week. Something nice to look forward too. Next week I'm going to the dentist to have a cavity filled, not my favorite thing to do but I've put it off long enough.

I guess I should take Sassy for a long walk before it decides to storm again.

Photo of the day, I've posted all the new ones so I'll re-run one. There's oodles of these flowers everywhere.

Photobucket

The silver is Mine, and the gold is Mine, declares the Lord of hosts.
Haggai 2:8

4 comments:

Annie said...

I'm so accustomed to the touch pad that when I use the desktop computer, my fingers try to find the touch pad on the regular keyboard.

Autumn Leaves said...

I love Lone Star; their steaks are wonderful. I don't find it too different in price than Outback though; in fact, I think it is cheaper than Outback! LOL But then we don't go that often so it has been too long for me to be a good judge of that one. I'm just happy you two got out and about and enjoyed the day!

Unknown said...

I'm glad the bad weather has left you. I'm not a huge fan of storms. I have heard a lot of good things about the Star Trek movie. I would really like to see it!

By the way, are you still eating gluten free? I was just curious if you still were.

SchnauzerMom said...

Jen, I'm still gluten free!