Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Vacation Bible School

Today was the first day. I'm not sure how many kids we had but there were 150 in preschool and another 100 in 1st and 2nd grades. Probably another 150 or more in the older grades. Quite a bunch in other words. I know we had a huge mess to clean up. That's OK, call it job security.

We went out to the Refuge yesterday and took several photos. I'll post them one at a time here. The day started out with hardly a cloud in the sky and by 1:00 we were driving in heavy rain, built up pretty fast. It rained for another two hours or so after we got home. It was an enjoyable day. I think Sassy had a good time even though she hates to ride in the car. She got a chance to explore some places that she had never been before.

I'm pooped. I just finished baking chocolate chip muffins, a spice cake, pancakes and some beef chow mien, all gluten free of course. Now that DH is gluten free to I have to keep stocked up. I'm ready to go to bed but first I have to brush Sassy and put icing on the cake, chocolate icing to be exact.

Photo of the day, most of the photos I took were along Medicine Creek. They have a creek walk, similar to a river walk only smaller. It's a very pleasant walk.

Photobucket

For this reason I say to you, do not be anxious for your life, as to what you shall eat, or what you shall drink; nor for your body, as to what you shall put on. Is not life more than food, and the body than clothing? Look at the birds of the air, that they do not sow, neither do they reap, nor gather into barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not worth much more than they? And which of you by being anxious can add a single cubit to his life's span? And why are you anxious about clothing? Observe how the lilies of the field grow; they do not toil nor do they spin, yet I say to you that even Solomon in all his glory did not clothe himself like one of these. But if God so arrays the grass of the field which is alive today and tomorrow is thrown into the furnace, will He not much more do so for you, O men of little faith? Do not be anxious then, saying, "What shall we eat?" or "What shall we drink?" or "With what shall we clothe ourselves?" For all these things the Gentiles eagerly seek; for your heavenly Father knows that you need all these things. But seek first His kingdom and His righteousness; and all these things shall be added to you. Therefore do not be anxious for tomorrow; for tomorrow will care for itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
Matthew 6:25-34

3 comments:

Autumn Leaves said...

Thank you for reminding me of this passage. I wish I could myself let go of the worries. They are killing me a bit at a time. So glad you had such a great VBS registration. I am thankful for parents who want their children to learn about God and about Jesus...

Annie said...

VBS - fun! I was director and taught the third grade class the year of Truth Trackers. It was a blast! Haven't done it since.

How's Hubby doing after his few days of being GF?

SchnauzerMom said...

Annie, DH is feeling better and can notice a difference.
AutumnLeaves, I wish you could let go, all your worring isn't helping your children or yourself. God is big enough to handle things.